Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Is this a good deal on a 1990 with LOW miles??

Old 03-07-2007, 02:06 AM
Default Is this a good deal on a 1990 with LOW miles??

I am looking for a clean, low mileage, C4 coupe.... found this one on eBay with only 15k on it.. not bad for a 1990!! Anyhow, is this car a good deal guys??

1990 Coupe on eBay

thanks!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Default RE: Is this a good deal on a 1990 with LOW miles??

looks clean and just like my 89 only I have black interior. nice car, but im not to big on the red interior, one of those things you have to really like, might be something you get sick of later down the road. Other than that, it looks like a nice car!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 PM

the biggest thing you have to ask yourself is "is it worth it to you" when it comes to vettes prices vary so much, When i bought my 95 i probably over paid, but it was exactly what i was looking for, so it was a great deal to me.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:44 PM

Low miles doesnt mean anything. How was the car driven. Was it taken care of. If it was not driven enough that is bad for it as well. The worst thing for a car is to sit. Seals get old and crack, hoses go, fluids go bad, moisture gets in there. Tires go bad. Better get some more info or you might be buying a "low-miled lemon"!!

Old 03-08-2007, 01:24 PM

Look at edmunds.com and kbb.com to get a ballpark of what it should sell for in your area. Be sure to look at them both because kelley is always higher. Then do some comparisons with others that are for sale locally and around the country. But remember that asking prices are usually high, especially from dealers. The way that the guy is advertising it makes me think that he wants top dollar for it. On the other hand, if it really is as clean and well cared for as the ad says then it may be worth a little more than the book price.

The current price on ebay is not a real good indicator of what it will sell for. Most bidding gets done in the last minute of the auction.

If you plan to keep it a long time and drive it then what it really comes down to is: is it worth it to you?
If you plan to sell it in a few years then you may have trouble getting your money back out of it if you pay top dollar.

my $0.02

Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 PM

I have a red 90 except mine is a automatic. I love my car. I am just curious why he says that is original rubber on that car, when those are not goodyear gatorbacks like that car came with. They have a different tread pattern than what is shown in the picture. Those tires are goodyears but not the ones that came on it. So why at 15k miles does it have different tires than it came with and they look worn too? I think I would be a bit weary. I bought my car from the original owner who had all the service docs from day 1, july of 1990. It had 80k on it and I bought it for 7 grand, which was a real steal. Just be careful.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Agree with red90vettesc, be careful, especially over Ebay!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 12:36 AM

Hello,there! One thing;always be careful on e-bay.do you have a vehicle-maintenance schedule from the owner?Can you verify the mileage?I'm sure you can,but still,be very careful.I'm not aware of the price,but with such low miles,well,yes,it's a good deal.the L-98 will always be one of the Vette's great engines;great low-end torque,well,you get the idea.Just be careful,and if you get it,take care of it!!! Proper maintenance is always key!! Joe.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:29 PM

I have two friends who have bought corvettes on e-bay. Both vettes were low miles and good condition (body wise). But both cars had major problems from differential to the wacky front and rear susp..Both spent an extra $3,500 for repairs.[:@] Just some info to pass along. Also check the carfax report for that vette. Unless you can test drive the car I would stay away fromebay. Once the seller has yourhard-earned moneyit's tough to get your money back.Good Luck

C-ya

Old 03-12-2007, 03:55 PM

I see that the auction has ended with reserve not met.

I have a friend who bought a C5 vert on ebay. Well, the car was on ebay and he emailed the owner and said "if it doesn't sell on ebay then give me a call". The aution ended with reserver not met and the guy emailed back to my friend. Anyway, the car was in FL and he was in CA. My friend bought it basically sight unseen and had it shipped from Florida up to California where we lived. It turned out to be in very good condition just as the seller described. The guy gave him a better deal because he didn't have to cut ebay in on the deal. I'm sure ebay isn't keen on this. It was from a private seller and not a dealer. This is just one example of a good vette deal from an ebay seller.

So there are good deals on ebay.

As a side note, this was the first vette that I had ever driven and is one of the reasons that I have mine now.

Good luck on your search.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this a good deal on a 1990 with LOW miles??