Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Got my vette fixed today scared to drive.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Default Got my vette fixed today scared to drive.

I know alot of you guys know my issues with my car. EVERYTHING was original on it and its been breaking every weekend. I think its a lemon but the brake caliper fallen off wow that was odd. I got it fixed today like over a week later. Ugh. Anyways I am honestly scared to drive it lol tomorrow because I dont want something else to break. It knows when I need it most. It broke over christmas break, easter break, thanksging break last year, almost everyweekend something minor, some school days, ugh alot of teacher work days. YES THAT IS TRUE!!! Its got like a mind of its own. I honestly am tired of getting stuck. Hopefully this is it. come on vette, dont break.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Default RE: Got my vette fixed today scared to drive.

If I were in your position, I would have gotten rid of the car by now. One thing I've learned over the years, and I'm 64, is never get attached to a car and never drive a car you feel you can't trust!!!

Just my 2cents worth.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:13 PM

I mean its a GREAT!!!!! car when its normal. It's just its like its always something. No lie when we got the car it was fine. 15 days after I got it a bearing rod broke blew up the motor. Got it repaired because my dads friend did it for really cheap. I change everything before its time to. I change my oil every 2000-4000 miles, use only top brands. Change my fluid. The thing is a few weeks after we got the car, the alternator went out. It was the ORIGINAL ALTERNATOR 20 YEARS OLD. Battery was ACDELCO and was leaking battery acid. IT LOOKED 20 YEARS OLD. The starter WHICH WE TRACED BY THE #S ON IT was 20 years old. LOL amazing huh. When we got it it had 80,000 miles on it. I dont know about it.

Old 11-18-2006, 04:56 AM

Thats really tough when your chevy leaves you stranded.

It is very seldem you see a chevy V-8 not get you home.

Old 11-18-2006, 02:33 PM

I think my car is from hell.....Posessed by a demon but seems faster than it would be with MY MODS....I think somethings done or a demon is pushing it. It runs with some of the 03 cobras around town. They were surprised. **I hang out at with a bunch of guys from around charlotte area at a restraunt talkn bout cars** Mine is one of the older ones but it can still beat some of the wanna be hot shots there. I guess I will keep fixing everything that breaks....Just wanted to know what else could break.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:15 PM

Hate to say it.....

Sell it and buy a Honda!

Old 11-19-2006, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: gizwilly

Hate to say it.....

Sell it and buy a Honda!
I actually considered that. One of my sisters has a 02 V6 Accord. WOW. That thing has got some take off. My other sister has a 05 Civic. Neither one of theres HAS EVER BEEN IN THE SHOP....They each bought there car new. I mean ti has had the oil changed and plugs pads ect but nothinig besides that.....I dont know why my car is the way it is. I want to stay with it and prove in the end it just needed some love and care. I think it was neglected by the first and second owners. JMO.....

Old 11-19-2006, 08:57 PM

How bout this.....Buy the honda and keep your vette so you can fix all of the BS and us it as a weekend car. FYI..I have an 87 and know all to well that they are not meant to be driven every day....

Old 11-20-2006, 02:05 AM

when you get everything working you'll wonder why you would want to drive anything BUT a vette! ive been in your shoes, but you'll work through it, and then you'll think you're a badass mechanic [8D]

Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 PM

Didn't you say that you bought it to drive the wheels off of it??? Here's your chance!!!

Quick Reply: Got my vette fixed today scared to drive.