Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

HAVC problems

Old 12-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Default HAVC problems

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. About 6 months ago I finally purchased my first vette. I have always wanted one and had to get all the kids grown before I could afford one. My car is a red '94 LT1 and had 52,000 miles when I purchased it. The interior and exterior are in excellent shape. The motor runs great! The only thing that didn't work when I bought it was the antenna, but after reading a ton of your posts, I am going to start with WD40. About a month ago, the air condioning quit blowing cold air and at the same time, the "low coolant" light would come on at start up. It stays on for a couple of minutes (until the motor warms up) and then goes out. The coolant is completely full in the recovery tank and the motor runs at around 205 degrees. Now that it has gotten cold, the heater blows cold air! There have been times when the buttons quit working and I would disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes, to reset the system. I am wondering if all these symptoms are related? I have never owned a car with auto climate control and after reading all your members' horror stories with dealers, I don't know who to seek advise from. So, I am turning to the knowledgable people of this forum. Can you please help me?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Default RE: HAVC problems

Maybe this will help eliminate some possibilities & maybe an answer to your problem.

I don't know much about the system, but have readwhere it could possibly be the programmer or dirty contacts on the HVAC head. Good luck.

http://www.idavette.net/tech/c4diag.htm

Old 12-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Default RE: HAVC problems

Thanks for your help. I will try it!

Search this Thread