Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

hi to everyone

Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Default hi to everyone

hello everyone, im new to the corvette scene , my long time love is a the 69 chevelle, but now i have a 92 corvette, which im needing some help from all you masters,

Old 11-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Default RE: starting problem

hello , this is my question, i have a 92 corvette, that will not crank, this car i was told was a theft recovery,, im thinking the car think its being stolen, and the anti thief is doing itsjob, but im not a thief, so i need some major help, i have torn into the column, and replace the key and cylinder, which where loose, i was told that would fix it , well it didnt kiss that 120 bucks down the drain, if this was my chevelle i would be down only 25 bucks, but it starts before i finish turning the key, ohh i love chevy by the way ,back to the vette, i got the vette cheap because four other mechanic, fail to make this run, and since i love a good challenge, i thought i would make a go of it, some info might help someone , lt1 engine with 6 speed, 150k miles, i ve have never heard it run but was told it has had a new clutch and ect. done recently, and it was a thief recovery car, and when i try to start the dash light up and the tach jumps a hair but no crank, any help would be great thanks jim

Old 11-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Banned

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum!

If you want a response to your questions, you will do better to re-post this in the C4 section. This is just a place to introduce yourself. I am sure that some of the gang over there can help you out![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

I took care of it for him, DV8.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:33 PM

Welcome to the Corvette Forum!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:15 PM
cwb

Did you put a multimeter on the starter input?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM

Welcome to the boards. I've got a similar ride, excepting the thief problemos and mileage. Some basic stuff to check on: spark and fuel. Once you've verified that stuff is working properly, it's time to dig deeper.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:17 PM

And try a bypass on the VATS., for now to see if it starts. Several Vette suppliers sell a harness that will let you do this. Bet you got a good price on it. Did they steal it with the keys? You don't see too many that aren't, or a tow truck. Chow.[8D]

Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 PM

thanks for the input, i have not check the starter, i know there a car under all this computer stuff,,, yes i did get her cheap, maybe too cheap, the last owner fail to make there payments. there is to much info to pass back and forth to make this work to my advantage, i was hopeing for a simple fix to a complex problem., i was told to park it outside the chevy dealer parts area, and to leave 50 bucks in the glove compartment. along with the keys, and this guy will fix the pc so it will start, with my key, i know this sounds fishy at best, but for 50 bucks im willing to try, i will let everyone know how it works out, thanks everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, jim

Old 11-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Ric

Hi hitfence (bet there is a story behind your name)
It doesn't sound fishy at all to me. Win you change the original key the computer has to be changed to except the key code.Hope he doesn't steel it and your fifty bucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hi to everyone