Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

How could this happen???? all my money for nothing!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Default How could this happen???? all my money for nothing!!!!

Well i have always loved corvettes from the depest part of my heart, so i knew my first car would be a vette. When i turned 16 i had saved up $4,500 in the past year and a half. I went looking for a reasonibly priced vette. I found an 1984 Cross-fire injected bright red corvette. I fell in love. I bought the car and brought it home. It was a fixer up and i promised my self i would make this car beautiful like a vette should be. Well i am now 17 almost 18 and i just got the car completly restored all by myself. I spent all my free time on it during the summer and saved every penny for my baby vette. Well 2 weeks ago and $12,000 dollars later it was done i was so happy. I showed it off around town and every one loved it. I liked the feeling of knowing i did this myself. Well every year are town has a annual car show. I decided to show my car and i had not yet put insurence on it. So me and my dad loaded it up on a trailer and took it to town. While we were there I left my car for people to look at while i went to get a bite to eat. When i came back the police where standing around my car. A intoxicated older woman had came down the street and smoked my baby. and the best part was, That bitch didnt have insurance either!!!!!!! So now what do i do my car that i spent all that time and money on is totalled and im only 17 . It will take me years to save that much money up to buy a new one. and beside she is unrestorable know the frame is bent all to hell. So please dont drink and drive becuse some messed up **** always happens.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Default RE: How could this happen???? all my money for nothing!!!!

Im speechless.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:58 PM

A very similar thing happened to me 20 or so years ago with a 1976 Triumph TR6. Drunk fella, no insurance hit my car and it was totalled. This happened right after I had gotten a whole bunch of new parts for Christmas. My sympathies are with you pal. I was only 17 as well. I was fortunate enough to be on my parents insurance but what they gave me did not cover the cost of the car so I couldn't replace it. I really feel for you.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Well that just sucks!! If the wench doesn't have insurance than she, herself is financially responsible. Does she have anything of value to sell that won't leave any children in the cold? Another car, jewelry, etc.? Best of luck with all this. I feel for ya.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Sue, sue, sue. Hate to say it but what other options do ya have. I'm so sorry bro.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Banned

[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Well, I agree with the others. Take her to court, hire a lawyer, take everything and anything of value that she has to offset your losses. She was an ignorant biotch to be out driving uninsured and is financially responsible for her actions. Do not feel any pity or remorse for her, I am sure this is not her first screw up.

Good luck, I hope that you are able to recover some or all of your losses.

Uninsured? Don't try it in New Jersey, you can get locked up for that.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 PM

Is she good looking? That sucks dude. Stuff like this happens all the time out there. You hope it never happens to you, but in your case its like the reverse of the lottery.

I hope you got a few pictures of the car before you lost it.

Look at the good side of it, you did not hit her, and she's not sueing you.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:07 PM

I'm very sorry you have to go thru this aggrevation. Well, try to sue the woman, but most probably she doesn't have a pot to **** in. I wish you the best of luck. What a sad story.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:49 PM
cwb

That is GREAT news. (You were not IN it). I was in mine, and there was death involved...

Two more words: uninsured/underinsured.

You gotta' get it.

And count your blessings... https://www.corvetteforums.com/m_44079/tm.htm

Old 12-10-2007, 11:37 AM

Two more words: uninsured/underinsured.
I could not agree more. You got to be nuts to have a Corvette (especially one that you put that kind of time and money into) and not have insurance.

Quick Reply: How could this happen???? all my money for nothing!!!!