Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

How difficult and expensive to fix this headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Default How difficult and expensive to fix this headlight?

Please go to this link to see the pic.

http://home.comcast.net/~deanderose/...ome.html-.html

Thanks

Old 01-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Default RE: How difficult and expensive to fix this headlight?

I assume you are referring to the missaligned headlight?

If so, there should be some adjustment screws that set the stop...

Old 01-27-2006, 08:01 PM

If your talking about the headlight assembly being flush with hood when closed, I have the same problem. If you find solution I'd like to know also. I don't see any adjustments for this.Good luck

Old 01-31-2006, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

Have you checked to see if the gear in the headlight motor is broke. There are metal replacement gears for the headlight motors and there is also adjustment for the stops. I doubt that this is the problem though, because doors don't just get out of adjustment unless something has happened (like something, gear, has broke).

Old 01-31-2006, 11:50 AM

Thanks,
But I dont think its a gear problem because the light assembly rotates fully through its cycle.
I'm thinking its the nylon bushing in the arm that comes off the motor. How hard is this to get out and replace, do you know? The other problem I'm having with the headlights is that when ever I turn them on or off the motor continues to run even after the assembly has come to its stops. Any ideas????? I really appreciate the helpful people on this forum.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

You have to unbolt the assembly from the hood first, then you can perform whatever functions you need to do. I would highly recommend changeing the plastic gear to the metal one, because that is a known weakness of that assembly. I have the assemblies out of mine at the moment as I am doing a restore on it. I will check them tonight when I get home and post for you then. Parts are kinda difficult to find on C4's because GM has discontinued lots of them and not many repro's out there. Eckler's has a good selection, but they are high.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:01 PM

Any ideas about the motor running after light assembly stops moving?? Is there an ajustment for this?

Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Motor running may have something to do with the stop adjustment or gear in motor. I don't think there is a limit switch, at least the wiring diagram has none, so it must be mechanical. Again, I will check and post tonight. Also, does both motors run or just the out of align one?

Old 01-31-2006, 01:50 PM

Car is in the shop at the moment so I have to check later. Not sure when I will have it back. Hopfully soon. I think it was only the motor on the side that doesnt line up right. But I'm not sure. I let you know when I get it back. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

There is no limit switch, just a stop adjustment screw with a rubber pad on it. If the motor runs fine, you might try to adjust the screw.

Quick Reply: How difficult and expensive to fix this headlight?