16.67%
Stock 2002 SRT-4 5 speed tranny
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LOL Fun pole

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Default LOL Fun pole

Ok heres my cars mods: 86 corvette 4 speed automatic with a new block and rebuilt tranny. 160 degree thermostat, Blistein shocks, the front end has been lowered. Two pre cats have been gutted thrd one was removed. My exaust is now converted to TRUE dual. I have BFGOODRICH G-Force tires. ZR-1 triple chrome plated rims(5 spoke), muffler eliminators, NEW: waterpump,hoses, belt, alternator, optima battery, starter, Gaskets, New plugs and wires, Complete tune up on regular basis, Injectors have been professinally cleaned, I run it on premium gas, , descreened maf sensor, ported plenum, Some interior cometic looks, K&N filter with cut lid, air foil, power coupler, I am about to put March Pullys on it. I think I am going to run against a Stock SRT-4 at the local strip. What do you guys think about the race. He is completly stock. No stage. Also theres a 2002 Mustang GT.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: LOL Fun pole

Have you ever driven a SRT-4? Had a couple in my shop and I am no Chrysler fan, but the car is a lightning bolt. If it has the Stage 3 upgrades from Chrysler, that's 330hp.[:-]

Old 10-28-2006, 11:38 AM

Ive never driven one, I know there quick for a 4 banger because of that turbo and there light. Stock they haave as much power as my L-98 but half the motor weight. Pretty incredible. But there FWD. When they get all that power to the front wheels, say 400 crank, when they go to take off since all the weighhts in the front the tires are just spinning, unless they have some stick tires at the strip. I honestly dont know. FYI I cant drive a stick so I couldnt test drive one if I wanted. I just think this guy in the SRT-4 likes talking **** to everyone and I am not one to start it but I dont take it. So you got any info on the SRT-4 from hands on experience? I have read about them a little but Id like to hear what you think about them and how they feel.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

Ive never driven one, I know there quick for a 4 banger because of that turbo and there light. Stock they haave as much power as my L-98 but half the motor weight. Pretty incredible. But there FWD. When they get all that power to the front wheels, say 400 crank, when they go to take off since all the weighhts in the front the tires are just spinning, unless they have some stick tires at the strip. I honestly dont know. FYI I cant drive a stick so I couldnt test drive one if I wanted. I just think this guy in the SRT-4 likes talking **** to everyone and I am not one to start it but I dont take it. So you got any info on the SRT-4 from hands on experience? I have read about them a little but Id like to hear what you think about them and how they feel.........Hey one more thing how far are you from houston. I am moving to Houston to go to college this year. I need a good mechanic when i am there and not being a jerk but all mechanics I have been to suck ***. They always forget things. I had to have my waterpump replaced. They left a bolt loose on the pulleys. Ate my brand new belt up. Cost me 50 MORE dollars to get one from NAPA. 100 bucks on a piece of rubber. Thats life....

Old 10-28-2006, 12:00 PM

How good are you at a drag strip? If you can cut a good light and he can't than it will help you. Many times a good driver can win over the faster car. Looking at the cars, You have the better car off the line, Tires & RWD. I have never raced one of these idiots in there SRT's they all want to start at a 50 MPH roll on the interstate. That tell me they may not be fast on a heads up race from the start at a track.
Good luck.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

I am about 90 miles east of Houston in Beaumont (that is where my shop is). Going to U of H? [8D]

Old 10-28-2006, 03:45 PM

Yep, your my new mechanic. Please tell me you actually lookafter the car and arnt gunna leave things loose. I honestly cannot afford screw ups like that any more. I hear ya on the SRT-4. Thats what this guy wanted. 3 beeps from a horn. Probably because there boost kicks in up at the higher RPMs. Thats where there main power frame is. My L-98 loves the low end as its got all its torque off take off. I personally am not worried about how fast it is. If I wanted speed then yea I would get a SRT-4. Dont get me wrong, I am not putting down on anyones car. I love american muscle and the C4 its just got that click to it for me personally. Nothing stands out like a vette. They are polite people, they stand out like a sore thumb, they are born racers, and just beautiful cars all around. The SRT-4 is a fine car if thats what you like. Against fords, they are fine but I dont care for mustangs that much. They are everywhere. Common sports car unlike the vette.Love my baby. Between my gf and my car, the cars ahead by a little. I bet some of you older guys feel that way with your wife lol.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:23 PM

Hey mech, do u have a parts manual and a factory service manual for your 86 corvette?

Old 10-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

No parts manual, but I have several manuals for all cars. Mostly Alldata on DVD roms. The L98 was designed to have good low end grunt, but the limitations of it are well known. It runs out of steam around 5500 rpm due to the design of theTPI runners. It simply cannot get enough air velocity to feed more hp.[8D]

Old 10-28-2006, 11:31 PM

Do you know any free horsepower mods that I can do to the runners that will give it some boost. I am out of ideas except thousand of dollars investment. Even a couple hundred is kinnd of out of luck. You have been a big help. Your the only mod I know out of the four forums ive been on(I was booted from them) all the mods hated me because I was new and young. They called me a "troll". I got a CD for ya if ya want it. Parts manual/service manual for your 86. I thought I would ask you because your like the only person thats nice to me

Quick Reply: LOL Fun pole