Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

LT1 Tuners!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Default LT1 Tuners!

I'm curious if anyone is having the same problems I'm having?

I have a stock 93 Vette with a procharger which I had tuned a couple years ago.

At the time the guy had it on a dyno and made a chip for it etc.

Well now I installed a set of EM long tube headers and wanted to make sure the A/F ratio was still good and have called three tuners and I get the same story from all of them.

That is, "they don't have the equipment anymore fore the older LT1's!!

What do you people do that are in the same boat as I am??

Thanks
Herb[/align]

Old 01-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Default RE: LT1 Tuners!

Hi Herb,
I am considering a Procharger for a '92 LT1. How do you like the performance of it on your '93? Any hints or comments?

CG

Old 01-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Default RE: LT1 Tuners!

CG, I like the unit but Procharger customer service was BAD NEWS!

Let me explain, they sell you a kit without any bigger injectors,at least they did when I purchased mine. Lets hope they have seen the light by now.
Also, before I go any further. Make sure!!! you have it installed by someone who has done it before and that has a DYNO!!!

These jokers at Procharger recommended a place that never had installed a blower before and did not have a dyno. I also didn't know any better!

Back to the customer service. After I picked up the car I was extremely disappointed in the performance.

I went to a place with a dyno and was informed it was running dangerously lean and I should go with bigger injectors.

Procharger insisted I didn't need them. They have a bandaid item they call an FMU. It's a vacuum device that's suppose to add more fuel at W.O.T

After many dollars on the dyno and many calls to procharger I finally bit the bullit and bought bigger injectors and had my stock chip reprogramed (more money).

Procharger kept insisting they had hundreds of satisfied customers that just used their kit without buying bigger injectors but when I asked for any of their phone numbers they refused. I even offered to give them my phone number and have any of these satisfied customers call me collect. They refused!
This conversation was with their top tech man and he was being a wise *** on the phone. At the end of the conversation he asked "Is there anything else we can help you with".

Yeah, a real jerk!

Anyway, I really enjoy it now that I have the bugs worked out of it. I ran a 12.23 @ 112 on street tires.

I hope this helps!
Take Care
Herb