Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

MyBack!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Default MyBack!!!

Yippee!

My case was finally settled in my favor[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]

That means after 3 years of being unable to walk/sit/stand for more than 15 minutes at a time I can finally begin to have the surgeries!

I know most of you do not know about my disability because I'm kinda embarrassed about it. Too young and all[:@]

However, I have been fighting this damned insurance company for 3 years. That's over $600 a month in narcotics and constant pain even with the EMPI unit hooked 24/7 and all of the pills/junk. Plus medical bills "up-the-wazoo"[sm=boohoo.gif]

I'm soooooooo happy[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

"Celebrate good times come-on" (ala Koolo and the Gang)

After the surgeries I should be able to at least get some kind of job within a coupla years[8D]

Old 07-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Default RE: MyBack!!!

ORIGINAL: Superdzzz

Yippee!

My case was finally settled in my favor[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]

That means after 3 years of being unable to walk/sit/stand for more than 15 minutes at a time I can finally begin to have the surgeries!

I know most of you do not know about my disability because I'm kinda embarrassed about it. Too young and all[:@]

However, I have been fighting this damned insurance company for 3 years. That's over $600 a month in narcotics and constant pain even with the EMPI unit hooked 24/7 and all of the pills/junk. Plus medical bills "up-the-wazoo"[sm=boohoo.gif]

I'm soooooooo happy[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

"Celebrate good times come-on" (ala Koolo and the Gang)

After the surgeries I should be able to at least get some kind of job within a coupla years[8D]
Congrats man! PS: I hate insurance companies.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Thank you VERY much!

I was fortunate to have a strong support system (my wife). Otherwise, I don't think I would have made it this long

Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 PM
cwb

Sounds like great news[sm=happy046.gif][sm=signs003.gif].

I'm not yellin' tho'!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:08 PM

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

BTW: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 09:08 PM

I smell sarcasim in this thread. On a happier note, I hope your normal. What happened? Yes, I am being a nosey teenager.[:-]

Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 PM

First of all, OLD ENOUGH TO SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, old enough to be called a man

Not a teenager[:'(]

The sarcasm you are noting is entirely directed towards Liberty Mutual Ins. Co. blah blah blah

Anyways, they cut me off and claimed that I had NO injury after paying for my medical bills for 9 months. I WAS clearly injured at work with many witnesses![]

My surgeon told me they would end up sending me to their "Doctor" who would claim "nothing wrong". My guy was right!!!!!!!!

He said this guy would get paid $2,500 to say "nothing wrong".

This d*ck did not even examine me! I even asked him "Do you at least want me to take my shirt off or something?"

He said "No, that won't be necessary."

Arrrggggghhhhhhh[:@][:@][:@]

I absolutely DETEST liars and crooks[sm=boosign.gif][sm=boosign.gif][sm=boosign.gif]

Anyways, I've got a crushed disc L5-S1. Herniated out on the left side and COMPLETELY crushed throughout the middle. No feeling on the tops of both thighs. Pain shooting from lower back all of the way down both legs. No feeling in the first 3 toes on each feet (big toe out).

They "apparently" had to prove the loss of feeling so the pain management doctor broke out her needle kit and told me to look away. By the time she (b*tch) was done I had blood running done both of my legs and she was apologizing (as the nurse was cleaning up all of the blood).

BTW: She no longer works there!!!! (The doc that is)

Anyways, long story (way-too-long-already) short:

I need surgery, at least one and at least one year of rehab...

Other-than-that, no problemo man[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-13-2007, 06:37 AM

CONGRAT'S ON YOUR VICTORY!!

I know first hand what you are going through. Mine was the L4-L5 & L5-S1. I have gone through 2 surguries (the first a "simple" two-level fusion, the second involved the installation of hardware to lock my lower back in place.

Our prayers and best wishes are with you and your family for success during the surgery.

Good Luck,

Don't forget the WAVE

Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 AM

Good luck!

Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 AM

Thanks guys, I REALLY mean that!

I have heard sooo many horror stories about the surgeries not working. And, I've been having the same recurring dream about waking up from the surgery paralized from the waist down.[]

I don't know about you guys but I've got something down there I really like using

Once, again Thank You, everyone[sm=icon_cheers.gif]