Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Need Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Default Need Opinions

Hello Christmas Corvette Folk,
Now I've bought a 1995 Corvette Cpe and and scared to drive the darn thing. I worry about the parking lots at the shopping centers, worry about breaking the engine, clutch, rearend, worry about putting too many miles on the car. Well my Christmas gift to myself is to quit worrying about stuff and enjoying the car. I'm going to try hard to keep the car in the best shape possible while keeping it on the road as much as possible.
What's ya'lls opinion

Old 12-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Default RE: Need Opinions

-grin-

I'm not a collector either .. gotta drive somethin back an forth to work, may as well be somethin that is fun to drive ..bonus that you meet others with similar ideas and just enjoy the car

-Frank (already got a bottle of touch up paint for the lil road rash dings that pop up here an there)

Old 12-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Dude, you have two choices.......
Drive it, or park it!
I recomend that you drive it, and enjoy the hell out of it![sm=icon_rock.gif]
(don't swet the small stuff)

Old 12-18-2006, 05:56 PM

Drive that sucker!

We drive ours daily....rain and all. Bought it to drive something fun. Life's short....why wait?

Be nice to it....but every now and then ya gotta stand on it!!!![sm=teetertooter.gif]

Old 12-18-2006, 06:20 PM

Drive it until its worth more than the house you live in.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:29 PM

drive it till the wheels fall off. who are you saving the car for? The next guy.?...who will drive it till the wheeels fall off. I do a minimum 100 miles daily. They are fun.....fun is the bottom line to everything I do. That's why I have a chopper for the warm weather. But I love the corvette. Feels like I'm in the cockpit of a jet. Corvettes...Oh what a feeling>>>>>>>

Old 12-18-2006, 07:03 PM

I agree with the other folks, I bought my 93 Polo Greenconvertibleto drive with 74K on the clock back in August and now I have 81K on it. Drive it daily rain or shine, I do switch up and ride the motorcycle on occasion. I get better gas milage in the Vette than my F150. I'm averaging 21 MPG in town and close to 28 MPG on the highway. There are "economy" cars that don't do much better and definately aren't as fun to drive. I suggest you lossen up and enjoy the ride!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 09:12 PM

You gotta get that thing out on the road and enjoy the heck out of it...and hey if you still don't want to drive it, bring her to my house and I will drive it for (I'll even take pictures for you)

Old 12-20-2006, 12:02 AM

Hey I race mine on the weekends in autocross What a car!!!!
Drive it dude, They make more every day , and have some fun

Old 02-01-2007, 12:48 PM

Hello,my friend!I have only one thing to sayRIVE IT!!!!!! My car('96 LT-1)has over 108000 miles and still runs like a champ.The only problems,if any,really,are of a cosmetic nature that God-willing will be taken care of as soon as I can.But I keep mine clean(I don't have a garage,dammit!!),and I'm very stupid-obsessed about its maintenance.Just get in it,right after you read this,my brother,and enjoy it.The Vette has always been built to be driven!!LONG LIVE THE C4!!!

Quick Reply: Need Opinions