Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Default performance

I just bought a 95 lt1 what are the best things I can do to make it faster?

Old 12-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Default RE: performance

the best bang for the buck is nitrious or supercharged if you got the cash those are the best things to do for serious performance,where talking 150 hp and up in any of these ,but i would get a nos kit first and have fun

Old 12-12-2006, 08:27 PM

get some gears[8D]

Old 12-12-2006, 08:52 PM

Spend money.

Seriously, speed costs money. You can start with the basics: cold air, long tube headers, a full exhaust. Good bang for the buck.

The important thing is to detyermine what type of performance you want and how much you will eventually spend, and make a plan: where you want to end up, then incrementally buy toward it as you can afford it.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:19 PM

I almost always agree with anything Lee Willis says. But, i would also suggest that NEW heads and a bigger cam would go great with exhaust and gears and C.A.I. When you do the heads, you are talking about big bucks though. And also port and plish your intake. Bigger throttle body.

When I emphasized the NEW heads, i was doing that because the stock heads are good and all, but there are plenty of companies out there that make a great combo of heads/cam that will bring your car up to LARGE amounts of horse power, much greater than your stock heads could probably handle. AFR, Trickflow, and Edelbrock all make good heads. If i could redo my engine again, i would get a good set of Trick Flow heads and a good cam and some gears and be content with that. I messed up big time, but thats a whole other story. Good luck and stay safe.

Matt

Old 12-12-2006, 10:49 PM

Thanks for all the help. My brother has a Supra and he has alot of mods, I out run his wifes Supra but its not nere as fast as his. Right now hes putting the 2jz in it and doing all kind of things to it. Hes on supramania all the time, talking about their cars, so I thought it would be cool to do the same but with a vette. By the way my is the dark green color, and I hope I can find an affordable way to keep up with his Supra. Thanks for the post.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: MY95LT1
and I hope I can find an affordable way to keep up with his Supra.
Haha, everything is affordable as long as you can finance it for long enough! Lol... But in all seriousness, if you want to get that kind of power out of these cars, you might want to think about rebuilding your engine with forged internals, new heads/cam, and lower you compression so that you can BOOST BOOST BOOST! I would go with a supercharger application if i was you. But, you could always put a nice TT setup on it and get quite a bit of power. I might be getting a little ahead of you though because all of that would run you in the 10K range if not more.

Matt

Old 12-13-2006, 12:02 AM

what is TT? I was only looking to spend about 2 or 3 thousand right now and I was hoping I wouldnt have to tear the motor apart to get some decent results. What do you think? Thanks

Old 12-13-2006, 12:19 AM

TT = Twin turbo. Lol, I get carried away when talking about engines, sorry. I wish I could do all of my work over again. Anyway, with a 2 or 3k pricetag, you are probably looking at full exhaust, gears, and a cold air intake. I believe that would be with installation included. If you are doing the installation yourself, you might have a few bucks to play around with afterward. Later on down the road, when you have more money to spend, we can talk about diggin into the engine and getting ready to rip it apart and get some really great results!!! Haha, i told you i get carried away lol. I hope that answers your question!

Matt

Old 12-13-2006, 12:25 AM

Thanks for all the help, what kind of time do you think I'd run after those mods are done, the ones you last said, not the ones where I'm tearing apart my motor. I posted my time slip, but its just an eighth of a mile track. Thanks Hank.

Quick Reply: performance