Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C4 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/)
-   -   performance (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/performance-4289/)

94blackC4 12-13-2006 12:35 AM

RE: performance

Im not too good with track times really, but from what I understand, the LT1 vettes ran about 14.2 in the quarter stock. So with those mods, i would probably say with a good launch and a good set of meats (tires) in the back, you could probably expect low 13's or very high 12's. I would probably ask Lee Willis that question though. I have never run at a track before.

Matt

corvette king 12-13-2006 12:48 AM

hay whats up. the lt1 is a great engine......i would do some trick flow heads 202 /1.6 valves then get some 1.6 roller rockers and the lt4 hot cam kit......dont run the nos it will kill your motor quick your engine is not set up for the bottle....[8D]........you should get about 60 80 hp with that set up.......and if you get heads you can get 64 cc chambers and that will raise your comp......thats about the easiest way do make some power with out terring down the whole motor... and do the throttle body and cold air.......a good set of headers will help to long tubes 1 3/4... and you should be in the 100 hp + range total 400+ HP RANGE:D

raisinbran 12-13-2006 04:10 AM

These are all great suggestions, but with a $2-3k budget, i dont think heads/cam is the way to go. A good set of heads will cost u between $1500-2000 or more, and when your spending that kind of money, you cant buy a cheap set only to have to replace them later.

If you want the most power for the $, and not have to worry about backtracking later, i would first recommend gears. The LT1 makes power high in the RPM range, so if you get gears that will allow the engine to be more in that power band, you will get instant gains on the track without adding any power to the engine. You can go 3.73 or even 4.10 depending on your tranny. Figure ~$1000 depending on whether you can find used gears and if you can do the install yourself.

1.6 rockers. will help reduce friction and allow more air into the engine with the increased lift. ~$300

LT headers. The LT1 exhaust is already free flowing, so it is not necessary to replace it unless you want a different sound/look. The headers will allow the exhaust to flow more freely. ~$600+

LT1 hotcam kit. Includes the ever popular gm hotcam that will increase power while maintaining drivability and still smog legal, spings and retainers, and possibly some roller rockers too, but i dont remember. last time i checked it was ~$550

One more thing to add to the table, porting your existing heads. There are companies that have different packages to suit your budget and power level. They also add head/cam packages and can give you expected gains. I recommend lloyd elliotts portworks www.eportworks.com and theres also advanced induction www.advancedinduction.com you can give them a call and they will be happy to discuss with you all of your options to suit your needs

dont forget a tune! all of these mods will be worthless without one. you can get a mail tune from pcmforless.com for $150

94blackC4 12-13-2006 07:59 AM

[sm=goodidea.gif] I agree with raisin!!

MY95LT1 12-13-2006 08:08 PM

Man yah are awesome! Thanks for the advice, I need to get to work on some of these before my brother gets his back running.