Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Default problems

okay my 1996 corvette has some problems.....i have been told by several people that i need a new transmission....it does not want to shift out of second....its an automatic....im in the dallas area...does anyone recommend a transmission shop.....

Old 01-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Default RE: problems

Hi, I had the very same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago on my 85. It stopped shifting out of second and it would slip in second also. I can't recommend a shop for you because I don't live in your state but thought I would chime in because I am having my transmission rebuilt on the advice of my mechanic. If it were me, I would check in phone book for GM certified shops. I wouldn't go to a dealership because they tend to be on the expensive side. I realize this isn't much help but since I had the same thing happen to my transmission I thought it was worth mentioning what my mechanic told me. The good news is that the transmission rebuild kits have better components than what the car had originally. Good luck. Post back when you find a shop and get a recommendation.

Clayton

Old 01-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Default RE: problems

I would highly recommend giving Corvette Corner in Rowlett a call. I have brought my vette in to them a couple different times and they have been very accurate and professional. they will tell you if you should bring ur car into them or recommend a good shop.

972 412 2325