Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Rather odd pic request..

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Default Rather odd pic request..

Hey all

well as the title suggests I need I guess a strange pic... if anyone has a pic of the footwell on the passenger side in an 84-89, something that really highlights foot room from the perspective of the passenger not outside the car, That would be simply awesome

The C3 had like a tapered floor around the tranny tunnel on the passenger side, and room was severely cramped, Im just wondering if the C4 has the same thing or if both floor wells are the same size/shape.. now its not normally a problem and who really cares about the passenger (lol I know I don't) But your passenger side is the side I'll have a steering wheel and pedals crammed in.. So it would be really nice to know if a Manual would be feasable or if auto is the only way to go.

Im selling a house just before Chrissy so when thats done I'll be able to start the search for my C4, it will be nice to have an idea of what I want by that time, its not as easy as going to look at one because they are so Very very rare here, Ive only ever seen one from afar in person, and Ive never been inside one, so I have no idea of comfort/driving position/ foot room.. ect.. Bloody RHD laws

Thanks guys for any help you can offer

Old 08-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Default RE: Rather odd pic request..

Hello,my friend.I'm assuming you're from Australia,where it seems to be mandatory to convert all imported LHD cars to RHD,including the Vette.I have seen pics of C4's from Down Under already converted,and although to me they look VERY different,there seems to be no problem with legroom or the operation of the pedals.I do believe all C4's have the same floor pan,so it seems the conversion,if done properly(which seems to be a point of pride for some Aussie shops),should not be a problem for you.I say,go get one!!!! I have a '96 LT-1 myself,nothing else to drive!!! You may be able to purchase one already finished and you may be able to test-drive it to make sure you're comfortable with it.Anyway,good luck,and I hope you find your Vette.Your friend,Joe.Hey,let us know what happens,will ya??

Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Hi...Don't know if these will help you any, the black carpet doesn't show up very well, but my feet are as far apart as they will go. The passengers side has less room than the drivers side.

Drivers side

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/2166/driveres8.jpg

Passengers side

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/940/passat0.jpg

Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 PM

JoeVette: Yes indeedy, Australia, Its against the law to drive a car that isnt RHD unless its 30 years old or older, the C4 doesnt quite fit that category yet, and Im not willing to wait until it does..[8D].. hehe Im in the opposite boat, looking at a LHD car looks very strange to me, but I guess its what you grow up used to. Since there are only a handful of Vettes in the country its very hard to actually go look at one, as it mayliterally require flying interstate, Not something I want to make a habit of, I will buy already convertedbut the pics will give me an idea of what to go for initially auto or manual

Rshiver: Thanks Mate! Exactly what I was looking for but.. Yikes! seems the C4 has a tapered floot well just like the C3's, I guess its something you may never notice unless you are trying to cram driving components into it like we have to. your feet are much much closer together in the passanger side, looks to be about the room for an accelerator and brake pedal, and thats all folks, just like the C3 which didnt even allow room for a LH foot rest,it requires a slight corking of the left leg under the right [8D]Damn country I live in [:@].. Thank-you again for the pics, yourbloody tops mate

Old 08-22-2007, 10:18 PM
cwb

Ahoy 'dere, blade!

How did 'ya get 83 in yer name there? 'Ya musta' been born then, huh? Or do 'ya have an '83 vette?

Someone once told me that they used to have one. I told him it was a rare car. Even rarer than my unicorn.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:23 AM

G'day Cwb

Yes the 83 was my birth year pity there is no 83 for me to get. hehe. although I dont know about your unicorn.. I think they might be a smidge rarer than an 83 vette.. but dont quote me

Old 08-23-2007, 06:43 AM

Hey,guys.If you want to see an '83 Vette,go to the Corvette Museum....they have the only one left.It's white.I think they built around 10 or 15 of them(if not more)as prototypes but only the one remains.It is kind of neat to see it and know if it wasn't for that one we wouldn't be enjoying our C4's today.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
cwb

ORIGINAL: JoeVetteman

Hey,guys.If you want to see an '83 Vette,go to the Corvette Museum....they have the only one left.It's white.I think they built around 10 or 15 of them(if not more)as prototypes but only the one remains.It is kind of neat to see it and know if it wasn't for that one we wouldn't be enjoying our C4's today.
WHAT??? YA MEAN THERE REALLY IS AN '83 VETTE???

Old 08-23-2007, 11:31 AM

To my friend CWB.Yes,believe it or not,there is only ONE '83 Vette left.It does look a little rough around the edges and the wheels are probably not the ones they wanted to put on it,but sure enough,there it is at the Corvette Museum sitting proud.Also,the interior is very close to what the '84 had,except the steering wheel looked different to me,but then again I went to the museum back in '05.But I'm sure it's still there.They also have the last ZR-1 there too...in red,(darn it),and another ZR-1 that was painted in an experimental purple-looking color.Really neat stuff.Hope you get to go someday....but DRIVE your Vette there,like I did!!!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

https://www.corvetteforums.com/corvette-c4-history.asp

Here's something regarding the one '83.

I'll almost bet there are 1 or 2 more in some GM/Chevy Exec's privite collections.

Quick Reply: Rather odd pic request..