Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C4 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/)
-   -   Rattles (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c4-forum-14/rattles-1766/)

corvette king 04-29-2006 12:47 AM

Rattles

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU GUY'S WITH YOUR C-4'S HAVE A LOT OF RATTLES WHEN YOU DRIVE AND HIT LIKE BUMPS IN THE ROAD AND STUFF, MY 84 DRIVES ME CRAZY WITH ALL THE RATTLES I HAVE,I WAS WONDERING IF IT IS JUST MY RIDE OR THIS IS A COMMON THING WITH C-4's MY HATCH RATTLES LIKE CRAZY AND IT HAS NEW WEATHER STRIPING,WY WINDOWS RATTLE TO. JUST WOULD LIKE SOME IN PUT ON THIS SUBJECT,[:o]

94blackC4 04-29-2006 02:21 AM

RE: Rattles

s**t... if my car didnt rattle, id have to break something in it just so it would start rattling again so it would feel normal. A day without rattles in my car is like a day without a hamburger for lunch. It just dont happen too often. As for the bumps, anytime i hit a bump, my car feels and sounds like its about to fall apart... Kinda embarassing when you have other people in the car. But hey, thats the price you pay for the style and class of the car you drive.

raisinbran 04-29-2006 05:30 AM

Yup. This aint your grandma's crown vic. I dont think there is any c4 that doesnt rattle.

If you can hear the rattles, it means your radio isnt up enough or you dont have a loud enough exhaust. [sm=smiley20.gif]

crvttbass 04-29-2006 11:33 PM

I hear ya!! I found that many can be found and cured. I had one in the dash. Drove me nuts. Ended up being the intrument cluster. I gave the cover a little extra bend and it's gone. Another common one for me anyways is the hood guide pins need to be lubed or they sqeak. Sounds like it's in the dash but it's undr the hood. As for the rest, Stevie Ray and Bose make em go away!!

corvette king 04-30-2006 02:24 AM

great responses,i love it,i just wonder if they can hear them out side the car.[:@]

bobbobelair 12-06-2006 12:54 AM

My 89 sounds like there's a circus act under the dash, but I still love my car!!!;)

mariogarcia@usa.com 12-06-2006 12:24 PM

It really shouldn't rattle...It can be a sign of a u-joint beginning to wear out. The rattles start creeping up on you and you don't even notice them until it starts to shake at certain speeds and gets progressively worse...u-joint.

bill 12-06-2006 10:52 PM

since ive had the suspension bushings and the front end rebuilt my rattles r a whole lot less now i need to stop my windows from rattling

bill 12-06-2006 10:54 PM

ive also had the u and the axle cv joints replaced

raisinbran 12-07-2006 02:03 AM

There are some little felt pads that go on the windows, you could replace those to help stop the windows rattling.