Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Rewriting My 94 Post

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Default Rewriting My 94 Post

Try to better clairify my problem because i may of confussed some. ok The firts time this happen i drove very short distant to store maybe a mile away shut it off to get gas and came back out wouldnt start, by the time i got someone there to tow me it started, ok second time i havent even drove it for a day got into it nothing again so later that day i checked it and it started, well a day or two later stoped at fast food joint went in same thing waited ten mins or so and it cranked. the day i didnt drive it and it wont crank has got me stumped because starter didnt have to cool for it to start. i hope all it is is starter but thats a 150 chance i will have to take i guess; also its a 6 speed standard tranmission. also i changed my head lights and now my bright indicator on dash is my indicaort for my dim lights any ideas on how this could happen. sorry about havibg to repost this but some where confussed on the way i worded it the first time and to all of those have answered so far i thank yall,,,,

Old 09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
cwb
Default RE: Rewriting My 94 Post

Cool motor - no start could definitely be a VATS issue.

Pocket lint on your key will affect the resistance 'read' of the key's chip.

Did you try to swap back the old headlight to see about the lights indicator problem?

Old 09-19-2007, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: cwb

Cool motor - no start could definitely be a VATS issue.

Pocket lint on your key will affect the resistance 'read' of the key's chip.
I agree. Bet this is a VATS problem. Even oils from your skin or anykind of lotions you may have used can and will cause an issue when it gets in contact with the resistor in the key.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:37 PM

Thanks to all that have replied went to chevy dealer and new key made so next time it does it with old key im going to try the new key and see what happens..

Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: delaughter68

Thanks to all that have replied went to chevy dealer and new key made so next time it does it with old key im going to try the new key and see what happens..
I have two keys for my car and when my started acting up I switched keys and have not had a problem since.