Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Storing Our Babies

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Default Storing Our Babies

Well, Ladies & Gentlemen, the time is very fast approaching to store our Vettes away for the Winter months. Up here in Ontario, one can see around town that the Vettes are disappearing off the streets to be put to bed for the Winter. The bad thing is, we don't get to drive them 12 months of the year; the good thing is they are not driven for 7 months of the year, thereby keeping the mileage low on them. Buying a Vette in a "snow" city may be a better investment. I drive a 2003 Chrysler Intrepid ES, K & N air filter with the top of the box removed, and oil filter with Mobil 1 oil, air intake hollowed out during the Winter months. While it doesn't take the place of the Vette, it's a good ride. I hope this Forum keeps going on thru the Winter as I have learned a great deal from these threads.

mypetu39

Old 09-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Storing Our Babies

This is a year-round forum. What better time to do that "special" upgrade, than when your baby is resting over the winter months.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:28 PM

I feel for you mypet. We in Wisconsin have very little drive time as well.[:'(]

I moved here from Hawaii (no, I don't know why[:@])

Can't stand bad weather 6-7 months of the year. I'll drive my baby right up until they start salting the roads. TRhen it is nighty-night for the winter. Starship is right though "best time for upgrades". Just wish I had a heated garage

Old 09-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Superdzzz

I feel for you mypet. We in Wisconsin have very little drive time as well.[:'(]

I moved here from Hawaii (no, I don't know why[:@])

Can't stand bad weather 6-7 months of the year. I'll drive my baby right up until they start salting the roads. TRhen it is nighty-night for the winter. Starship is right though "best time for upgrades". Just wish I had a heated garage
What's a heated garage, for that matter, what's a garage?
Jackstands and a car cover, I understand. LOL

Old 09-14-2006, 02:58 PM

Man, we're north of the 49th and to be honest we can drive our cars 363 days a year. We hardly ever see one or two days of snow a year. I feel real lucky about that, as I would go through SERIOUS withdrawal if'n I couldn't drive the Vette every day.

*scratches goatee* Just got an idea for a business!! A 12 step support program for Vette owners who have to park 'em over the winter!!

Old 09-14-2006, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Man, we're north of the 49th and to be honest we can drive our cars 363 days a year. We hardly ever see one or two days of snow a year. I feel real lucky about that, as I would go through SERIOUS withdrawal if'n I couldn't drive the Vette every day.

*scratches goatee* Just got an idea for a business!! A 12 step support program for Vette owners who have to park 'em over the winter!!
Sometimes I actually go out and sit in her during the long winter months and day dream

I know, I need help[&o][&o][&o]

Old 09-15-2006, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator

Texas is all time, drive time, for my classic and my Vette, although the heater don't work to good in the '69. Are u guys jealous??

Old 09-15-2006, 09:18 AM

Mech 259, yep we guys/gals up here in Canada are jealous, but I bet we have less miles on our sweethearts than you do.. Also, my 87 Vette conv't ( white over blue) came from Austin, Texas from the son of an oilman down there. Glad this is a 12 month Forum.

mypetu39

Old 09-15-2006, 07:38 PM

Here in L.A. we really have it tough.... it actually gets kinda cloudy a few days in the winter and you really just don't feel normal about taking the top down on that 72 degree cloudy January day.

Why take the top down.. it's cloudy today?

(of course I still do)

Old 09-18-2006, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Superdzzz

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Sometimes I actually go out and sit in her during the long winter months and day dream

I know, I need help[&o][&o][&o]
No sir, I wholeheartedly disagree!! You are FINE, my friend!!! Your world is as it should be.

Quick Reply: Storing Our Babies