Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

turbonator

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Default turbonator

i been reading about this turbonator has anyone used one of thses yet just curious if there worth the cash or not

Old 07-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: turbonator

I think the only thing it is good for is to relieve you of your cash.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:39 PM

yea thats what i kinna thought that fast of a bolt on for 35 hp i didnt think so

Old 07-26-2006, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: mech259

I think the only thing it is good for is to relieve you of your cash.
I read an article once by an engineer who wrote that these sorts of things are not possible from a psychics perspective. I don't know if he was full of crap or anything, but the math in the article seemed sound to me and he really backed up his hypothesis.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

I read an article once by an engineer who wrote that these sorts of things are not possible from a psychics perspective. I don't know if he was full of crap or anything, but the math in the article seemed sound to me and he really backed up his hypothesis.
LOL!! You said PSYCHIC and not PHYSIC lol. I just think thats a pretty funny type TopSpeed. Keep me laughing and remember the wave

Old 07-26-2006, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

LOL!! You said PSYCHIC and not PHYSIC lol. I just think thats a pretty funny type TopSpeed. Keep me laughing and remember the wave
*thumps on desk*
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

And so I did, 94, and so I did!!!! LOL Geez, I am now wondering if that was a Freudian slip???!?!? And for the wave? Consider me the Canadian Ambassador to the Corvette Wave!!!! [8D]

Old 07-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Back in the '60s, I heard of using a heater fan hooked up to an aircleaner as a cheep blower to add 10hp. Never tried it, but, ya think?

Old 07-26-2006, 07:54 PM

I know i have read in those Mustang magazines (my friend has a Mustang) that there are people that have made their own turbos or superchargers or whatever out of leafblowers. I was told they were the same thing just a different amount of power and built differently. But, then again, you know those mustang guys will do almost anything to their cars.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Now I remenber, we called it an OAKY BLOWER.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Back in the '60s, I heard of using a heater fan hooked up to an aircleaner as a cheep blower to add 10hp. Never tried it, but, ya think?
Dude!!! I seen a video online a couple years back.. a couple yahoo's strapped a 1000W hairdryer to the side of their car with, yep, duct tape.... used a vacuum cleaner hose to plumb into the air intake... I think they were running a small generator in the back seat for 120v....

The video was of them cruisin' around, hittin' the "turbo" button!! *thumps on desk* Bwaaaaaa!! It was like a 76 Cutlass in pretty bad shape, if I recall, and these two guys were cruisin' around lookin' for hot rods to race!!!

They were making fun of the whole concept, I believe. You shoulda seen the look on their faces when they hit the "turbo" button to turn on their, uh, "forced induction" setup... an' nothin' happened.... they really had a blast making that movie.

This thread has reminded me of all that.

This is another one of those things that I don't believe is possible from a physics perspective.

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4

I know i have read in those Mustang magazines (my friend has a Mustang) that there are people that have made their own turbos or superchargers or whatever out of leafblowers. I was told they were the same thing just a different amount of power and built differently. But, then again, you know those mustang guys will do almost anything to their cars.
Hey! I used to own a Mustang GT!!!!

I'm all better now, thanks for asking. LOL

I really wish I could find that scientific article I had read on this stuff... this scientist dude (an engineer of sorts) had a algorithm to prove that these sorts of things cannot do much, really. I cannot remember the details, exactly, but yeh, the long and short of it is.. you want a blower on yer rod?? BUY A BLOWER!!!

Quick Reply: turbonator