Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

What are the best brake pads for stock '96?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Default What are the best brake pads for stock '96?

A few questions for you seasoned 'vette owners;

1 - What are the best type of brake pads to use for stock rotors on a 1993 corvette?
2 - What type of leather conditioner should I use for the seats?
3 - What can I put on the dash to protect it from the sun? (I've heard bad things about Armor-all)

Old 08-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Default RE: What are the best brake pads for stock '96?

was up, i found bendix brakes decent[don't push them to hard an no problems]stay away from the cheaper brands. i found them to put up more dust than proformance. lexol leather cleaner for the seats. the dash i really don't about that.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:23 AM

check out tiretrack.com im looking at a set of hawk pads

Old 08-21-2006, 01:32 AM

I have had my 94 for about a year and i have been using armor all on the dash at least once a week. My car sits in the sun DAILY and i have had no problems with it what-so-ever. I dont know why, but ive heard the same bad things about armor all. I dont know where they come from but ive never had any problems with it

Old 08-21-2006, 10:10 PM

Thanks all - I really have to figure this Armor All thing out since i'm treating all my weather stripping with the gel stuff.
Still lookin for brakes - i'll go with NAPA or Bendix. Just ordered a K&N air filter! I'm at the point where i'm driving her for no reason at all (but to have fun!)
Anyone had bad experiences with Armor All???

Old 08-21-2006, 10:56 PM

I have a 90 Roadster with a black interior and I use Armor All on the dash. I don't load it up just enough to shine. No problems so far. For the leather I use just a leather conditioner purchased locally.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:42 AM

Before i got my 86, i know it sat in the sun for a loooonng time. lots of sun damage on the paint, rear carpet area. But the dash looks great, and brand new when i put Armor all on it. The only complaint i have is my car seems to get dusty after only a couple days.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Hey guys, Where can you get the factory type of brake pads that don't make all the dust and what are they made of? every pair I have ever gotten from any auto parts store make a ton of dust and ruin the rims. maybe I'm just stupid and looking in the wrong place.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Hey guys, Where can you get the factory type of brake pads that don't make all the dust and what are they made of? every pair I have ever gotten from any auto parts store make a ton of dust and ruin the rims. maybe I'm just stupid and looking in the wrong place.
Found Hawk Brake Pads on the net... I believe you are looking for a ceramic type pad. I had 'em on my Cobra a couple years ago (I think I had Bosch brand?), and brake dust was greatly reduced, although not completely gone. I'd say 90% improvement.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:22 AM

Found some Bosch ceramic on eBay for $69 front $59 rear - going to get those & do some testing.

Quick Reply: What are the best brake pads for stock '96?