Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

What else is prone for my C4 to break?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Default What else is prone for my C4 to break?

Ok I know this sounds like total bs but all these things have gone out in one way or another. But I have had my car for almost two years. Its an 86 automatic corvette.

REPAIRS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE:[/b] Rebuilt Motor(L-98), ALL new exaust componets, **distibtor** distributor cap, rotor button, spark plugs, spark plug wires, EGR, Brake booster, master cylinder, rotors, brake pads, tires, rims, Air filter, Air box, front spoiler, Interior, Sound system, all lights have been replaced, transmission that had 70,000 miles on it with a new seal and few minor repairs inside, shox, bushings, brake calipers, I am in the process of trying to find and replace the AC relay, alternator, OPTIMA BATTER**HIGHLY RECCOMEND**, valve covers, gaskets, radiator, water pump, hoses, serpentine belt, radiator overflow tank, radiator cap, accelerator calble and spring.

THNGS I NEED REPLACED NOW**Cruise control diaphram, Fuel injectors, Fuel pump, power steering pump, rack/pinion possibly**......what else is left??? All suggestions are apreciated....Thanks....

Old 11-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Default RE: What else is prone for my C4 to break?

Oh yea, I forgot I got a new radiator fan and shroud, new radiator motor and wires, new relay, new temperature sensor, 160 degree thermostat. Ugh I still havent had the time to fix my digidash. Check all grouunds and alternator voltage. Hey I did put a voltometer on my battery and it was going from 14, 12, 7 10, 11, 14 flying all around is that bad or normal???

Old 12-16-2006, 11:31 PM

Well I don't know what all everyone else has replaced / repaired however My 89 has had a few problems with the digital heat / ac controls + the programmer for the same. I replaced the radiator and still can't get all the air out of the cooling system although I've burped it several times and no leaks in the system. The squeaks in the dash had to be addressed as well asthe fuel tank sending unit & fuel pump. The tires are always in need of rotating and balancingbecause I don't drive it enough, But all in all I love my car!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 06:25 PM

the lighter!!

Old 12-19-2006, 03:04 AM

The Dana 36 could blow at any moment

Old 12-20-2006, 02:57 AM

May I ask what happens when the "Dana 36" "blows out"........

Old 12-22-2006, 03:48 PM

Holy cow!! That about covers quite a few major items! Maybe your shift ****? Your lighter and ashtray??LOL!!! You probably won't need much more other than keep up with your maintenance religiously and you should keep your Vette on the road where it belongs for years to come.Good luck!

Old 12-24-2006, 06:31 AM

Hey i saw your post on the other forum. I was justjoking about your coming apart. Chances are it wont happen without some serious mods. But when it does, believe me you'll know

Old 12-28-2006, 07:26 PM

Well the only other thing that I can think that you'll have to replace would be a your windshield...lol. It looks like you covered everything else. I drive an 86' and I'm sorry you had to deal with all that crap. When I bought mine, I had to fix things but not nearly that much.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:43 PM

Starter, radiator overflow tank, degreased whole engine, new front tires,......yadda yadda yadda. Rasinbran you got IMPORTANT mail.

Quick Reply: What else is prone for my C4 to break?