Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Zr1 wheels? Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Default Zr1 wheels? Tires?

I was thinking of buying a set of ZR1 wheels for my 95. Could I use 17x11's in the rear? measuring the rear tires through the vents is about 10 1/2 inches wide. If I go with 11's on the rear what size tires should I run? Any opinions on tire brands? Thanks.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Default RE: Zr1 wheels? Tires?

Hello,my friend.YES!!! You can put the big 11's in the rear of your car.Last year,I bought a set of the Grand Sport wheels,and yes,the rears are 11's.The fronts are 9.5's.My car is a '96,nothing too different.Regarding tires,I have a set of BF Goodrich KD's on my car....275's in front,and yes,315's in the back.Your car will actually look better with the 11's in back....even if the ZR-1's had a bigger butt...LOL!!!!! Trust me,it will.Hope you get them,and let me know how you like them,ok?Your friend,Joe.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 AM

Thanks for the response Joe. I'll do the 11's in Gunmetal gray, I think it will look good on my all black 95, but if I can get more rubber under her that would be a good thing! I'll order the wheels later this week and startlooking for tires. Thanks again.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:23 AM
cwb

ORIGINAL: JoeVetteman

Hello,my friend.YES!!! You can put the big 11's in the rear of your car.Last year,I bought a set of the Grand Sport wheels,and yes,the rears are 11's.The fronts are 9.5's.My car is a '96,nothing too different.Regarding tires,I have a set of BF Goodrich KD's on my car....275's in front,and yes,315's in the back.Your car will actually look better with the 11's in back....even if the ZR-1's had a bigger butt...LOL!!!!! Trust me,it will.Hope you get them,and let me know how you like them,ok?Your friend,Joe.
This is the same rim/tire set-up that I'm sittin' on. The 315's out back are just barely exposed.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 AM

iI have the same set up on my 94 (grand sport with 315's) looks mean from behind. I have a pic in my profile, looked into getting fender flares from the grand sport for my set up, but i have better chance of winning lottery first.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 PM

Regarding tires, what's your criteria? How much do you want to spend? How much power are you making and is forward bite a big problem? Your absolute best street tires will be dry weather tires but you'll have to be extra careful when you're caught in the rain. You can buy great performing tires for not too much money but their life may be relatively short. Or you can spend more and have great performance and get moretread life. Lots to consider here but if you have answers to these questions, I and others can offer solid recommendations.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:28 AM

Well, I already ordered the tires. Went with Sumi's. Dirt cheap, like 416 shipped. Still waiting for the ZR1 wheels in silver or Gunmetal to come in. OE sent me an email saying they will be here soon. I'll put Eagles on the stock rims after I send them out to be refinished. With only 4 bones in the tires I'm gonna have some fun with the old Corvette! My Mom has Sumi's on her T/A T56. She say's they are great.And mom does drive like she's nuts. And Joe I did go with the 315/11" combo you suggested can't wait to see how she looks. If I get too impatient I'll order the rims in polished aluminum but I really want more of an OE look. Notorius, what is forward bite? Do you mean on accelleration? 315mm should take care of that. Thanks for all the replies I'll try to post before and after picks if my girlfriend shows me how.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:28 AM

has anybody lowered their vette with this combo? I know it will be close with the added width of the 315's, i dont want to lose my back quarter panel on a hard bump [:@]

Old 06-27-2007, 12:06 PM

My wheels have been shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]AFS Silver!!!!!!
EB, Joe,there aren't any body fitment issues I should be aware of are there?

Old 07-01-2007, 04:26 PM

You should have NO problems at all putting them on.Just swap,and enjoy,my brother!!!!

Quick Reply: Zr1 wheels? Tires?