Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Do I have any recourse if I think the dealership is not treating me fairly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Default Do I have any recourse if I think the dealership is not treating me fairly?

I have read several posts on this forum and the o6 forum where people are complaining about their dealership. Do we have any recourse or is it just a case of buyer beware?

Thanks in advance.
RJ

Old 08-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Default RE: Do I have any recourse if I think the dealership is not treating me fairly?

There is a dispute resolution procedure laid out somewhere in the owner's manual/warranty description. I think it starts with a call to the regional office, not sure though. Never had to use it. I had real problems with only one new car, an '88 Turbo T-bird, which the dealer eventually took back and refunded my money, and I never had to go any further than the dealer to get it resolved.

If you think you are getting the run around from a dealer, ask to speak to the general manager directly, or owner - make sure you are not just getting screwed because you are dealing with an incompetent under-ling.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Default RE: Do I have any recourse if I think the dealership is not treating me fairly?

Thanks so much, Lee.
I will.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:50 PM

I am experiencing the same prblem with my dealership and my "dead Battery" problem. I have called the customer service department at GM-1-800-222-1020. They have assured me they will take care of this matter. I was informed by a competetor that if you complain about the dealership the company will definitely look into the situation. Good Luck. Penny

Old 08-29-2006, 12:52 AM

Thanks so much, Penny. I hope you are right.
Good luck with you dead battery issue.
Rita

Old 08-29-2006, 01:18 AM

u have my moral support Rita! Good luck!

Old 08-30-2006, 12:55 AM

Ahh PeceMkr,
I just knew I could count on my California Homie for support.
Today, I spent 45 minutes on the phone with GM's customer complaint people and they promise me they will thoroughly look into my situation. I'll be sure to let everyone know how this turns out.

Thanks again.
Stay safe.
Rita

Old 08-31-2006, 07:05 PM

Well, GM finally got back to me and told me the white spots were a result of the design of the glass and they would not replace my windows. I told them I thought it was unconscionable that they would make a $50K car that has this look to their windows. I told them if they were wondering why they were losing market share in the industry, they might consider standing behind their product when there are problems with the design.

Fortunately, you can only see the spots in certain lighting, but I had to at least try to get them to do the right thing. My vette is still the fastest, hottest car I've ever owned and I absolutely love it, but I don't think I'll ever buy another GM car.

Excuse me now while I go out into my garage to give my baby a pat.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:13 AM

well Rita....at least you gave it your best shot! I'm still curious about these spots though....I'm wondering if they're the same spots I see on my windows from certain angles.....I also happen to see them on the windows of a few other new cars from other makers....like BMW and Acura. I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe that's a design other companies are using too. Come to think of it...I never see the spots night..it's always when the sun hits the glass from certain angles....on different cars too.......I think I know what spots you're talking about.

pecemkr

Old 09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

I think what you might be seeing in your glass is the result of cross polarization in tinted windows that is visible in certain light. I've seen this in other cars and we studied a little of that way back in jr. high. Cross polarization means one layer of glass has the tinting grains vertical and the other has it horizontal whick sometimes makes the effect you are seeing. You can take a pair of polarized sun glasses and look at the glass and it will really make it stand out. In parallel to that if you had an old pair of polarized glasses, you can stack the lenses on top of one another then rotate one lense 90 degrees and watch the darkening effect. Hope I helped some.[8D]

Quick Reply: Do I have any recourse if I think the dealership is not treating me fairly?