Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Door handle insert

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Default Door handle insert

Hi All - Merry Christmas!
Just wondering if anyone can help me. There is an insert directly inside of the door handle that covers 3 holes. It has fallen off before, but each time I saw ithappen and was able to pick up and reinsert it. Unfortunately, this last time, I did not notice it fall off and now I am without. I have lookat the Eichler's and Mid America sites, but do not see this piece. Does anyone know what I am referring to and do you know a part number or correct name, so I can call around and try to find it?
Thanks in advance.
RJ

Old 12-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Default RE: Door handle insert

Hello Rita
I know exactly what your talking about, I just pulled mine off to check for a part number for you. It has 7 small tabs in the back that become brittle over time. 3 of mine broke off when I removed this piece. It's a small black trim panel, and the part number is 2LS10279471.
I imagine it will have to be ordered through GM. I have listed a couple online GM parts suppliers, (there are others), but I didn't have any luck searching there site using the above mentioned number.
I'll keep looking though as I'll probably go ahead and order a couple also. I know if I ever have to do any work behind the door panel, the other one will break also.
Let me know if you happen to run across it, and I will do the same.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

http://www.gmpartscheap.com/

Old 12-26-2006, 12:20 AM

I found it Rita
I forgot I have this parts manual on a CD, and I found the part on there.
I searched for the part again leaving the "2LS" out of the number. Here it is

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

Old 12-26-2006, 12:25 AM

Thanks so much, Rich! I never thought of pulling the other side off to get a part number. I'll checkout the web sites you have listed and will also call the dealership tomorrow. Good idea about ordering more than one and you can be sure I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks again . . . hope you are having a wonderful Christmas.
Rita

Old 12-26-2006, 12:29 AM

Wow!!!
Thank you again for being so generous with your time. You have been an incredible help to me.

Hey, tomorrow is c.i.a. install day - I am so excited - feel just like a kid the night before Christmas. I'll be sure to post how it goes.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:33 AM

Rita
I tried that site, but for some reason the part didn't come up.
It takes you to the site just type in the number under "search part number" and it will show you it, It's only about $2.00.
type the number 10279471
And i hope that install goes well tomorrow, I know your excited

Old 12-26-2006, 12:39 AM

When I purchased my Vette it was missing both of them. Luckly one of my co-workers best friends dad is the parts manager at the local Chevy dealership and I was able to get them at dealership cost.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:41 AM

Did all thatand when I went to checkout it showed $9.95 shipping. Think I'll call my dealership first. Even if they want $4.00 for the part, I won't incur a shipping charge and that will more than make up for the cost differential.

Thanks again . . . I'll post on the Forum tomorrow.

Take care, stay safe.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:44 AM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

When I purchased my Vette it was missing both of them. Luckly one of my co-workers best friends dad is the parts manager at the local Chevy dealership and I was able to get them at dealership cost.
Thanks, Lamont - it is always good to have an "in".
Hope you having a wonderful Christmas.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Old 12-26-2006, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

Did all thatand when I went to checkout it showed $9.95 shipping. Think I'll call my dealership first. Even if they want $4.00 for the part, I won't incur a shipping charge and that will more than make up for the cost differential.

Thanks again . . . I'll post on the Forum tomorrow.

Take care, stay safe.
Don't you just love those high shipping prices.
Yea I'll check the dealer here in town tomorrow also, and see what they want for them.
You find that more and more all the time. A good price for the purchase, but they make up for it in the shipping.

Quick Reply: Door handle insert