Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

FAST 92 fitment issues on C5?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:25 AM
Default FAST 92 fitment issues on C5?

I bought a FAST 92 for my C5 and I was not able to install it because the new valley bolts that were supposedly included with the intake were in fact not included so I am waiting on those. I was not able to get the intake to seat without them but while I set the intake in the valley it appears that the intake might rub or sit up against the firewall. Has anyone had this issue with the FAST in their C5? Thanks

Old 02-14-2010, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by *bavaria*
I bought a FAST 92 for my C5 and I was not able to install it because the new valley bolts that were supposedly included with the intake were in fact not included so I am waiting on those. I was not able to get the intake to seat without them but while I set the intake in the valley it appears that the intake might rub or sit up against the firewall. Has anyone had this issue with the FAST in their C5? Thanks
In case anyone else is considering one of these intakes for their C5 it fits without rubbing but its very close. The intake is awesome and the car raps up a lot faster with it on now. For it to fit you must ensure that they send the special valley bolts for this intake or it will not seat and if you dont change them out and try to force it you will damage the intake by cracking it if you attempt to torque it down. Did not happen to me but I have heard some stories. Also keep in mind that if you go with this intake a ls1 or ls6 style t/b will not mate to it as they are 3 bolt t/b, this one accepts only a 4 bolt style. I went with an LS2 t/b which required the use of a adapter to amke it work, texasspeed sells it. It plugs directly into the factory harness so there is no splicing or cutting.