Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

help me decide PlZ!

Old 11-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Default help me decide PlZ!

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice. Currently I drive a 2005 nissan 350Z convertible, I have been interested in owning vettes all my life but I thought there would be too much for me. my 350 has been my strongest car ever! So I thought I would start from something moderate in power and go up the food chain. I got a ride in someone's c5 z06 and I am speechless......! these things are mean and my 350 is like a civic compare to the z06. But I wasn't really impressed with the interior , I think its even worse than my Z! I didn't also get to experience the handeling of the car and how easy it is to drive! What do you guys think? should I pull the trigger and trade in my car for a c5 zo6. How is the maintance On these cars,, I hear bad things . and how is the gas milage compare to my Z? Also the most important thing for me is the drivebality of the car since it will be my daily driver. And we get lots of rain where I live! Please dont' try to be biase towards the Z06 I really need some helpful advice from z06 owners. Also if you have pics of the yellow one plz post cus I think yellow is SEX on WHEEL.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP EVERYONE

Old 11-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Default RE: help me decide PlZ!

wow no help!

Old 11-11-2006, 09:12 PM

You are correct in observing that the Corvtte's interior is pretty low grade. That is the one consistence criticism of vettes going back for several decades now. The interior in mine looks more like it was made by Fisher Price. It also it not durable: I have 15000 miles on the car and one of the seats has seams splitting (probably the way I sort of flop into the car, but still) and it has several wear spots and one broken piece of trim.

But all that is unimportant to me: you have to decide if it is to you, too. The Z06 is seriously fast -- much much quicker in every way than the 350Z, yet civilized enough to drive every day. Durability and mechanical upkeep, if you keep it stock and don't race it much, are fantastic: very durable and reliable. Parts are very low cost and it is fairly easy to work on yourself if you are so inclined (compared to 350Zs, anyway).

Finally, the C5 ZO6 is durable even if you modifiy it some, and pretty cheap to modify. I know 350Zs aren't - I had a friend who spent $9000 to put a supercharger on his 350Z -- it still would not keep up with a stock ZO6 and he blew the heads off two weeks later, ruining the engine.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:56 PM

thanks For you reply. The only thing that I am having trouble with is the fact that I am considering 2005 c6 and 02,03, zO6. Price wise they are a little diferent, but I find the C6's interior much better than the C5 and eventhough I haven't had a chance to test drive one I think it is more civilized than the ZO6 and for me its fast enough. And you are right, modding 350z are expensive. a decenct TT set up with a build engine will run arond 17k. Huge investment for a "Nissan".

Old 11-14-2006, 03:07 AM

Just wanted to say that this forum SU...X A.SS I have only got one reply WTF is wrong with you corvette people. bunch of RED NECKS> FU(CK

Old 11-14-2006, 05:50 AM

Bunch of red necks lol hahahahahahaha[:@]. I say the vette is too much for u (price and power wise), stick to the slow and heavy z.... Hey atleast u have nice interior with it.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:15 AM

350topless: You got one reply pal - that is one more than anyone here owed you. You join the forum, immediately ask one question that really has no specific answer, don't participate or get to know anyone else, get upset with a lack of response to you as if it is our duty to answer, and then start throwing profanity around.

Why don't you just go elsewhere?? You are not worthy of owning a Corvette.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:39 PM

Yeh, way to ask for input. Nice work.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:48 PM

350topless... Go away... http://www.350zforum.com/

Old 11-14-2006, 05:49 PM

Many of us are extremely busy and cannot always have the time to sit and answer every question. Doing a Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde switch will almost never get more people to answer. Patience is a virtue and it looks like you are sadly lacking in this category.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help me decide PlZ!