Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

The Horror!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Default The Horror!!!!

Oh my!!!! I just came from the C6 forum and like Lee said, it's all about C6 owners complaining about dead batteries in their brand new cars!!! You should read what they say about the myriad of excuses the GM dealerships give them as a way to explain away the problem. These include:

- You didn't leave your car parked in reverse.
- Your garage door opener is draining the battery.
- Your DirectTV satellite dish is interfering with the battery.
- You need to buy a new battery (some owners are on their 4th new battery).
- Your aftermarket navigation system is causing a problem.
- You need to download a special GM notification and take it to the GM dealer when you take your car in.

and on and on and on and on!

WOW!!! we thought our problems were bad. These people just finished plunking down $55,000 (or more) on their new cars and they can't even get it to start after a couple of days rest! YIKES!!!!!

Sounds like GM is attempting to hide something......and avoid a recall on the brand new C6. That is very unfortunate.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Default RE: The Horror!!!!

It will be interesting to follow this one. I know I would not put up with any of those lame excuses, and I would have my C6 back to the dealer everytime it happened. What does GM just hope this will go away?

This could ruin your Vette experience in a hurry [:@]

Old 08-24-2006, 07:40 PM

Man, I hate reading stuff like this. They need to stand behind their product, right now. [:'(] All's I can say about this is, if it happens to you do NOT let the dealership brush this under the carpet. Get on the phone and keep gripin' until someone takes you seriously.

Old 08-25-2006, 03:43 AM

BLAME IT ON BUSH[8D] HE SOLD THIS COUNTRY OUT AND ALL THEY MAKE TODAY IS JUNKKKKKKKK.[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]

Old 08-25-2006, 03:58 PM

One reason my 'vette has never been back to the dealer is that I have no confidence in their ability to diagnose or do the right thing by customers.

I also think Chevy rushed the C6 into production before getting it fully sorted out, but what is most distrubing is that many of the problems we are hearing about are in newer cars -- the C6 is going into its third year of production -- this should not be happening.

I love the 'vette, and I think GM designs the best engines in the world (e.g., LS7), but I am losing not just confidence but even tolerance for the General. First he dumped Oldsmobile (I liked my father's Oldsmobile, all seven of them when I was growing up!), then they do crap like this.

My dad was a GM (mostly Olds, then Cadillac) man, and I've bought nine new GM cars in my life, but I don't see myself buying another new GM car ever again.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:50 PM

Thank you for the list. At least I am not the only one having this problem. The most recent excuse they gave me was, it is too much car for just anyone! Can you believe that!

Old 08-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: corvette king

BLAME IT ON BUSH[8D] HE SOLD THIS COUNTRY OUT AND ALL THEY MAKE TODAY IS JUNKKKKKKKK.[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]
Ya, right! And Bush controls the weather that caused Katrina and he blew up the twin towers.

Failed attempts to pacify the lazy public is the prob. They can't check their oil, tune a carb, set the timing, or even lock their own f$%^&*g door! (Do you know why they call idiot lights, IDIOT LIGHTS?) This is exactly why I stick with pre '70s tech. There are rods from the '60s that can blow the doors off anything Detroit puts out today. When they were pumped up, you could do it relativly cheeper.

I don't like to get political, but, you brought it up. If you want to blame someone, blame the lazy public, the ACLU, tree huggers, and the EPA. People need to stop relying on CNN and leftist activists to think for them.

O.K., I'll get off my soapbox now.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:05 AM

Well, stay on the soapbox if you want. But I really am pissed with GM. They just leave too many flaws in their cars: complicated designs, unchecked and unfinsihed - add the gadgets now and sort out the little undetected problems later. Its a corporate pandemic.

And, I have never forgiven them for killing Oldsmobile. (I liked by father's Oldsmobile). They form a new division (Saturn) whose cars are evolving to fill the marketplace left by a brand they mismanaged into the ground (Olds). In the late 60s and early 70s, the Olds Cutlass was the number one selling car in America several years running: you have to be really, really incompetent to take that lead and flush it down the toilet. If they didn't make the LS engines, I'd have utter contempt for the whole company.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

I agree Lee, the "OLDS" came from a proud background! (remember the early days of NASCAR?) True "Ground Thunder"!!! They were a threat on the roads before the Vette, T-Bird or any rice burner!!! For GM to dump the "Olds" is a real crime.[:@] Remember, we almost lost the Vette in '83!!! And ya, what's with the Saturn and the Hummer (now there's a real joke)? An off style body on Suburban running gear!!! (ROFCryin' )

And now we have to pay thousands to get the same hp from electronics that we used to get off the raw machine. Not just GM, but all of them have enginered them selves into a corner, and they keep on "paintin' the floor"!

Old 08-30-2006, 03:47 AM

In the year 2008, due to consumer uproar, you'll see the Olds name make a 'Triumphant Comeback' on its one hundreth anniversary with G.M. with a new model.
Call it a drastic sales technique. Olds sales are flat.. same ole' same ole' .. the comeback will more than double sales for a decade. Someone will be called a genius.

From that crazy Wiki...Olds briefly used the name Jetstar 88" (1963-1966)..

Do I hear a new Jetstar 08 model rumbling down the road?