Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

The Horror!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Default RE: The Horror!!!!

My dad loved Oldsmobiles. My favorite was an 1965 88 sedan with Turbo-hydromatic trans, and the top of the line Old's 425 cubic inch high compression V8 with the biggest damn 4 brl carb you every saw. It was just a simple, well designed, no-gadgets car, that was actually pretty light weight for the time (I think about 3500 lbs), with gobs and gobs of torque. My dad fiddled with the tuning and that car would just flat move!

A new Oldsmobile? Bah Humbug!! I expect it will be some badge engineered thing -- a Pontiac by another name, or a Holden Super Camp Commandant Supreme brought in from Australia, or something.

Real Oldsmobiles are dea.d. GM killed them decades before they killed the brand.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:32 AM

My dad used to drive an Olds too. It was a '73 Olds Ninetyeight. That car was about six city blocks long.....but we loved it! Here's to the good ole days!

Old 08-31-2006, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

ORIGINAL: corvette king

BLAME IT ON BUSH[8D] HE SOLD THIS COUNTRY OUT AND ALL THEY MAKE TODAY IS JUNKKKKKKKK.[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]
Ya, right! And Bush controls the weather that caused Katrina and he blew up the twin towers.

Failed attempts to pacify the lazy public is the prob. They can't check their oil, tune a carb, set the timing, or even lock their own f$%^&*g door! (Do you know why they call idiot lights, IDIOT LIGHTS?) This is exactly why I stick with pre '70s tech. There are rods from the '60s that can blow the doors off anything Detroit puts out today. When they were pumped up, you could do it relativly cheeper.

I don't like to get political, but, you brought it up. If you want to blame someone, blame the lazy public, the ACLU, tree huggers, and the EPA. People need to stop relying on CNN and leftist activists to think for them.

O.K., I'll get off my soapbox now.
HERE! HERE!

[sm=youreright.gif]

Old 08-31-2006, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator

They did the same thing to the Camaro, but its coming back under the same conditions the Vette is under, probably have a ton of problems with it, too.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Dude,
Ah bin' wantin' ta say sumpin' to ya.......
The pic as your avatar, is that the mech that's working on 94blackC4's car. ROFL
That pic should be the intro post to the Bowtie Lounge!
I laugh every time I see that Goomer!!!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Had that avatar for years. Everyone gets a kick out of it. LOL

Old 08-31-2006, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: mech259

They did the same thing to the Camaro, but its coming back under the same conditions the Vette is under, probably have a ton of problems with it, too.
I am a huge Camaro dude.... number 2 in my books next to the almighty Corvette... but the new one, I can't figure out if I like it or not. I see what they are tryin' to do, just not sure they did it. An' yep, I suspect the first few years of this car are gonna be a nightmare for their new owners.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

The pic as your avatar, is that the mech that's working on 94blackC4's car. ROFL
Not funny Starship... haha. OK it was a litle funny. He does kind of look like him too lol. BTW, for future reference, you can just call me Matt if you want. i know that 94BlackC4 is a little much and spread out to type everytime. As a matter of fact, im gonna go make a post about everyones names... I am guessing Lee Willis' name is actually Frank.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry Matt, I just couldn't help myself. From your descrip of what's been hapnin' to ya........well........
DAT

(Ya, Frank....That's it!!!)