Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

I HAD ME A PORSCHE FOR LUNCH THIS WEEKEND!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Default I HAD ME A PORSCHE FOR LUNCH THIS WEEKEND!

A new Porsche 911 Carrera S.....well....we didn't actually race but we encountered each other on CA 241 (toll road). As soon as he saw me approaching from behind he gunned it ....I gunned it too.....after he tried to leave me behind...unsuccessfully....on three separate attempts....he finally slowed down and let me pass. I did...but slowly.....slow enough to let him take a good look at the annoying black vette! [8D]

Old 09-06-2006, 02:31 AM
Default RE: I HAD ME A PORSCHE FOR LUNCH THIS WEEKEND!

nothing like american muscle[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-06-2006, 08:34 AM

Amazing that we both had the same experience. Some people think that since they have acquired a Porsche, nothing can touch them; well, they're wrong. On our illustrious Hwy 401 the same thing happened to me. I was tooling along ( without the wife in the car) and a new Porsche came screaming up behind me and stayed about 4 feet behind me at 110 km/hr. I put up with this for about 10 seconds, floored my baby ( 87 Lingenfeltetr-based Vette) and left him with a cloud of so-called "dust". He never came up behind me again for at least a distance of 50 kms. When he turned off the highway, he sauntered up beside me and gave me a wave and made a circle with his right thumb and forefinger.[sm=nono.gif]

mypetu39

Old 09-06-2006, 03:32 PM

Now ain't that fun!!! [8D]

Old 09-06-2006, 06:42 PM

I love it!!!!!

Hey, how bout a new pic of the Black Stallion?

Old 09-07-2006, 01:19 AM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

I love it!!!!!

Hey, how bout a new pic of the Black Stallion?

Name:  3adb1ce6.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  38.1 KB

The Black Stallion Returns!!!

Old 09-07-2006, 01:44 AM

OOOOOHWEEEEE!

Looking so good!

Stay safe, Pecemkr -
while you and your black stallion are out there kicking butt!

Old 09-07-2006, 02:28 PM

Man, what an uber sweet car. [8D]

Old 09-11-2006, 04:58 AM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

OOOOOHWEEEEE!

Looking so good!

Stay safe, Pecemkr -
while you and your black stallion are out there kicking butt!
You're right Rita...I gotta keep it safe.....it's just that sometimes.......... you know what I'm talking about

Old 09-11-2006, 04:18 PM

I sure do, Pecemkr!
Golly, sometimes it is so hard to be mature when I am behind the wheel of so much power. One day, I pulled up to a red light alongside of a guy on a motorcycle. Now mind you, it wasn't even a HD or any other really fast ride, so it was somewhat ridiculous that he would even think about gunning it off the line, but he did and I reciprocated. I didn't even have the gas pedal halfway down and this guy was so far behind me, I just waved to him through my rearview window. As we approached the next light, I slowed down and as he passed me, he looked back over his shoulder to see who in the world this woman was that blew him away. All I could do was smile and then worry that he was going to run into something while he was looking back at me. Guess my maternal instincts were kicking in. Now, I don't approve of street-racing, but that was so much fun and besides - he started it.

Take care, stay safe,
Rita

Quick Reply: I HAD ME A PORSCHE FOR LUNCH THIS WEEKEND!