Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

I want permanently black shiny tires...can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Default I want permanently black shiny tires...can you help?

I'm tired of always having to touch up my tires with Black Magic. Every rubber polisher I've tried wears away in a day or two. Are we all sentenced to this need to spend hundreds of $$ to try to keep our tires shiny and looking good? Is there a better way? I'm searching for solutions....I want a product or technique that will make my tires look shiny and black on a permanent basis.....does anyone have any suggestions? I'm all ears!

Old 10-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Default RE: I want permanently black shiny tires...can you help?

I have neer seen a tire shine that stays "really shiny" more than a couple of days, or looks good after more than one week. I just use the foam every so often, no whipping or rubbing.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:34 AM

I've been using all kinds of products for many years now, and still have found nothing out there either. Sure they look great for a day at the show, but after a couple days or so you have to re-apply.
I'm pretty sure with what we have out there right now, there's nothing that will last past a couple days

[&o] unfortunately!!!

Old 10-02-2006, 11:17 PM

[>:][>:][>:][>:]

Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 PM

Hey......can tires be painted black? Like some sort of paint made specially for rubber material. Does anything like that exist?

Old 10-03-2006, 02:00 AM

LOL
I knew that was coming...

Old 10-03-2006, 03:12 AM

You have to realize if the tire shine companies made a product that kept your tires permanently black they wouldn't be able to make as much money on us.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:11 PM

You might try Stoner's More Shine (Less Time). I have been using it for some time and it really lasts. For instance, I did my tires on Sunday and today they still look great. FYI - back in the day, there was a substance called "tire black", a petroleum based product that was applied with a brush. It was banned in the early 70s, but was in use for years prior.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:36 PM

I don't think there would ever be a way to keep tires shiny for long as they are always in contact with the filthy road. Even if they were made steal, they would get dirty and dull in no time.

Old 12-17-2021, 02:02 PM
Default Tips re. I want permanently black shiny tires...can you help?

Hello, Pecemkr; yesterday (Thursday, Dec. 16, 2021), I replied to this/subject very old post/thread of yours (from 2006). I forgot to pay attention to the date your question was asked! I cannot locate my post after multiple searches. So, I have to ask did you receive it or does Crvt-4ums not allow comments to be made on a years-old post/thread? Please reply.
—Copecabra

Quick Reply: I want permanently black shiny tires...can you help?