Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

LG pro series or Street Series?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Default LG pro series or Street Series?????

I know that there are a couple differences between the two but i was just wanting some input as too what i should do, the street series is 995$ the Pro is 1895$ just wondering if the pro is worth the extra or if the street series is not worth 995$. I dont really plan on adding a cam or heads to the car, so far I have Halltech stinger, Grantelli MAF, Borla Stinger. Is the Pro series gonna give me alot more if i get it tuned compared to the street series or am i just spending more $ on something i wont need b/c i am not going to do heavy modifications. Or would i be better off buying the street series and spending the difference elsewhere. Any opinions are appreciated
thank you
Garrett

Old 07-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Default RE: LG pro series or Street Series?????

i was actually looking at that two seconds before i saw your post and was wondering the same exact thing. except i also have another question regarding the headers: is it worth the 200 extra dollars to get the stamped x-pipe or is my current h-pipe just as good?

Old 07-09-2007, 01:30 PM

Just my 2 cents...I have a lot of engine mods done to my car and talking with my trusted friend, owner of a Corvette Shop for over 17 years, he suggested Dynatech Long Tube Headers and X-Pipe. I have 420 HP at the tire naturally on my 98 C5 and these headers and x-pipe are amazing. They are the best in the market from what my friend says and I can actually say they are amazing. They are $1,700 for the complete set and well worth it w/the long tube system to give the maximum torque. Here is the weblink: http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatec...tegory_Code=c5

I would check them out if I were you while doing your homework and consider these as well.

Again, my 2 cents and opinions.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:35 PM

I'm not sure of the difference, but . . . LG headers are a very good brand, as are many others. I do not think it matters much as long as the tubes are over about 26 inches long and they are assembled well - what you pay for in headers is good welds and good fit. Unless you are targeting over 550 RWHP stick with 1 3/4 inch tube diameter tubes: going to the larger 1 7/8 inch gives away low end torque.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:24 PM

I put Dynatech headers on my 97 vette.....got rid of that after I got hooked in the road course thing.....and on my 02 Z06, I put LG Pro long tubes on. I think the LG's are a little louder...if you like that.....and I picked up (had both cars dyno'd) probably less than 10 HP more with the LG's....you make the call if it is worth the extra $$$$. I would have to dig up my dyno printouts to give you and exact number....but I know it was just a little bit more HP with the LG's.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 PM

i would assume that the '02 z06 would get a little more power even with the same exact headers compared to the 97. but if the difference b/t the lg pro series is 10 hp difference pver the dynatech than the lg street series is about the same as the dynatech? idk, but personally i'll go with lg since i'm only a couple hours from their shop and i could have them install and tune it.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:35 PM

You're lucky...I wish I was close to LG...they seem pretty cool and knowledgable.....I talk with Anthony there. Got their pro headers, some springs, sway bars, spindle ducts and some other littel stuff from them. Hope to be in KS soon (I'm Air Force)...so maybe I can get my car to them someday to get some engine work done....who knows.