Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Loudest Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Default Loudest Exhaust

I have a remus romulus exhaust on my corvette, it came with the car and has a great sound.. but i want my corvette to sound like the loudest,meanest, baddest corvette i can make it. So my question to whoever has an answer. What is the loudest exhaust system i could put on my 98. thanks

[/align]

Old 07-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Default RE: Loudest Exhaust

according to midamericamotorworks.com, aka madvet.com(same exact site), either the billy boat bullet or slp loudmouthis the loudest. the two are the only ones that they gave the loudest possible rating for in idle, accelaration, and cruise. i personally think the billy boat offers the loudest, meanest, tone and is a trustworthy brand, as is slp, but i chose something a little quieter in my maganaflow exhaust.

here's a link to the billy boat you can listen to: http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.36.5067

and the slp you can't listen to: http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.36.564

if you can find anything louder it should be illegal

Old 07-13-2007, 10:38 PM

If I had to choose between the Billy Boats and the SLP's I would definitley go with the Billy Boats. The SLP's have a tremendous amount to drone that is absolutely unbearable.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:37 AM

Take a look at this page, at the exhaust on the far left:

http://www.borla.com/applications/lo...olet/Corvette/

Now THAT'S the loudest exhaust out there, in my book!

Dave

Old 07-14-2007, 08:23 AM

You can also just remove the mufflers entirely and run straight pipes, or if you must pass a visual inspection, put some token mufflers like Cherry Bombs or race mufflers on. If you keep the catalytic converters on (evenoversize ones) they mute the sound enough that, if you learn to drive carefully, the sound is not too overwhelming. But when you get on it, it is very very loud.

A point to keep in mind is that an exhaust changes the nature of the sound, too. Volume aside, many people don't like the type of sound on an unmuffled exhaust: too sharp, harsh,and "barking."

Old 07-16-2007, 08:57 PM

i just brought the b&b stingers and love them they are very loud a little drone but not as bad as my magaflow everyone in our club that heard them said they sound good

Old 07-16-2007, 09:16 PM

hey guys...have you ever heard of Coffins, here in Cali theres a guy that makes custom mufflers that sound better than anything I have heard out there....nice idle, awsome sound when you get on it and almost no drone at cruising speed, when you let off and just let the car slow down w/o braking it doesn't pop or rattle....I installed them on my 2000 C5 and couldn't be happier.....the name of the place is Newberrys Muffler in Visalia Ca. if your interested....

Old 07-20-2007, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: whytry

hey guys...have you ever heard of Coffins, here in Cali theres a guy that makes custom mufflers that sound better than anything I have heard out there....nice idle, awsome sound when you get on it and almost no drone at cruising speed, when you let off and just let the car slow down w/o braking it doesn't pop or rattle....I installed them on my 2000 C5 and couldn't be happier.....the name of the place is Newberrys Muffler in Visalia Ca. if your interested....
Don't think I have ever heard of them. You wouldn't happen to have either a sound or video clip of your car would you?

Old 07-22-2007, 12:45 AM

ORIGINAL: aladodd2

i just brought the b&b stingers and love them they are very loud a little drone but not as bad as my magaflow everyone in our club that heard them said they sound good
Are you sure they aren't Borla Stingers? That's what I have - great sound!