Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

MY 2ND CAR SHOW.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Default MY 2ND CAR SHOW.....

I can't believe it myself.....really....another friend I have (I only have like about three friends )........invited me to go to the 'Endless Summer Car Show at Pismo Beach, California. So I went just to get more experience given what happened at the last car show I participated in (nobody noticed my car [&o] ). So anyway, I sign my vette up for the car show and they actually let me park my car among the "heavy hitters."

So there I am with my stock 2002 vette (many 'non-vette' folks thought it was a 2006) . I popped the trunk just to try to 'fit in' with the other guys (I was embarrassed to show under my hood....'cause I got nothing!). So, on Sunday, they gave out the trophies and awards......and would you believe it!!!!!! I actually got a trophy!!!!! I'm still beside myself......wow, some folks actually liked my vette in the midst of all the other very beautiful hot rods.

The trophy says "1st Place" but actually all 30 trophies said "1st Place" ......unless, of course, it was the "Best of Show" trophy. Anyway, I just wanted to share my joy with my forum buddies. Thanks guys (and gals) Much love to all of you!!!

Name:  vette642.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  vette647.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  72.6 KB

Name:  vette680.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  vette653.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  66.7 KB

Old 10-16-2006, 12:44 AM
Default RE: MY 2ND CAR SHOW...AND GUESS WHAT?

Hey, Pedro -
Let me be the first to congratulate you. The Black Stallion truly deserves the trophy. You have done a beautiful job with your vette. From the rims to the chrome letters, it looks gorgeous. Oh, no, I'm starting to drool again - it happens every time I see pics of your black vette.. I better step back from the keyboard before I do some damage.

Again, Congrats!!
Rita
p.s. I take it there were no Hootie Girls this time.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:08 AM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

Hey, Pedro -
Let me be the first to congratulate you. The Black Stallion truly deserves the trophy. You have done beautiful job with your vette. From the rims to the chrome letter, it looks gorgeous. Oh, no, I'm starting to drool again - it happens every time I see pics of your black vette.. I better step back from the keyboard before I do some damage.

Again, Congrats!!
Rita
p.s. I take it there were no Hootie Girls this time.
thanks Rita!!! You're #1 in my book!!! ...... and yes, the hottie girls were absent.....boo, hoo, hoo.......but there were plenty of other hotties walking around.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:41 AM

Good for you Pedro,
You deserve the throphy for all your hard work keeping your 2002 Vette looking so Fantastic. Cogratulations on a good show. Must have been a 4 hr drive to Pismo Beach

Old 10-16-2006, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: D327

Good for you Pedro,
You deserve the throphy for all your hard work keeping your 2002 Vette looking so Fantastic. Cogratulations on a good show. Must have been a 4 hr drive to Pismo Beach
thanks D327! it was indeed a 4.5 hr drive each way. beautiful scenery driving along the ocean. it was worth it!

Old 10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Default RE: MY 2ND CAR SHOW.....

Hey thats CQQL
Congratulations

Old 10-16-2006, 01:46 PM

Congrats on your first trophy...I know it must have felt wonderful to hear your name called, especially since you probably didn't expect to win anything.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:47 PM

Wow, that must have been a fun ride up the coast! Congratulations on the trophy. I have to pay more attention to whats going on around southern CA. Your last show was in Temecula right? Thats only an hour away from me. My cars not ready for a show but I love to go to them. I am over in Palm Springs.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

congrat's Pece, The trophy is well desirved...That's one sweet black vette.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: bobalou

Wow, that must have been a fun ride up the coast! Congratulations on the trophy. I have to pay more attention to whats going on around southern CA. Your last show was in Temecula right? Thats only an hour away from me. My cars not ready for a show but I love to go to them. I am over in Palm Springs.
Thanks Bobalou! Hey, to find out about "Almost All The Car Shows in Southern California" contact Len Nordmann at Southern California Shows at: 31735 Riverside Drive, Suite 300, Lake Elsinore, CA 92530 or call 1-800-288-6278. You can also visit:
www.so-calcarshows.com

Quick Reply: MY 2ND CAR SHOW.....