Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

power programmers

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Default power programmers

Im looking to buy a power programmer for my 2000 c5 and im not sure which to go with, just lookin for some sugestions and feedback on what others have used. Or if someone has a used one they would wanna sell 8)

Old 01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Default RE: power programmers

I have heard real good things about the diablo, and it seems to get good reviews here

Old 01-26-2007, 07:55 AM

Are you only looking for the handheld programmers? I bought HP Tuners and it has well been worth the money. Picked up over 20 hp off of amature tune. And you have complete control over everything and you can do live tuning and recording.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:12 PM

I prefer to have the car tuned with LS1Edit or similar on a dyno. That way you get a pro to go over it and you get the maximum HP gain possible, period (at least if they know what they are doing). I will admit that it is fun to do it yourself, and it sure is a way to learn a lot, but I still go that way all the time.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: MyC5WillEatYouAlive

Im looking to buy a power programmer for my 2000 c5 and im not sure which to go with, just lookin for some sugestions and feedback on what others have used. Or if someone has a used one they would wanna sell 8)
From what I have read, you can usethe Hypertechprogrammer on only one car, because it first reads the stock info on your car and stores it. That is how you are able to go back to the original settings at any time. Not sure about all the other models. I was thinking about doing my own programming, but am now going for a professional dyno-tune.

Good luck with whatever you do.
RJ