Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Vette vs. Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Default Vette vs. Aston Martin

would you buy the AM if $ are equal?

Old 06-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Default RE: Vette vs. Aston Martin

No, I would get a porsche911 turbo though. That car is just hotness!

Name:  911turbo.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  34.0 KB

Old 06-28-2007, 04:59 PM

Depends which model. I looked hard at the new V8, but: a) I couldn't find one anywhere in the country that was anywhere near the advertised list price of $105ish - most were $135K+ and simply not worth it, b) it's damn small (smaller than my Porsche), and c) it's not that fast (roughly the speed of my '04 Carrera).

But I'd take the Vanquish S in a heartbeat if the cost were about what a 'vette was , or if it were even just $125K. It's a legit 200+ mph, V12car and gorgeous inside and out. I like it better than the 599 Ferrari coupe

The Porsche Turbo? Once upon a time the Turbo was the over-achiever on the street, but not now. The newest model is not that great in the performance department -- certainly not for the money. See, for example, the latest Car and Driver and their "one lap time" showdown comparison test. The Turbo was by far the most expensive car in the test but got its butt kicked hard by several others, including a ZO6 that killed it by 7 seconds per 2 minute lap. Porsche needs to do some serious overhauling on it (and will, given the competition they are going to get from the Audi R8).

Old 06-28-2007, 06:16 PM

He said for the same price as a vetteLee. If we were going by that then I would for sure get the 911 turbo in the picture I posted above for $26k.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:48 PM

If the price were the same all around I'd take the Aston Martin Vanquish among all the cars mentioned. But if I'm paying the bill, I think the 3.8 liter Carrera S is the best bargain among the Porsches, or the GT3 if I could buy one without the spoiler. I might get one of those next time although I plan to wait and see what the new "928" will really be like: if it really has the twin turbo V8 that is now in the Cayenne it would be impressive.Still, the Vanquish iswhat I've always wanted, I just can't afford the $220K+ price.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

If the price were the same all around I'd take the Aston Martin Vanquish among all the cars mentioned. But if I'm paying the bill, I think the 3.8 liter Carrera S is the best bargain among the Porsches, or the GT3 if I could buy one without the spoiler. I might get one of those next time although I plan to wait and see what the new "928" will really be like: if it really has the twin turbo V8 that is now in the Cayenne it would be impressive.Still, the Vanquish iswhat I've always wanted, I just can't afford the $220K+ price.
Sure you can!

Old 06-28-2007, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Lee stop complaining about price tags and just make some life sacrifices...You know you can start by selling the house or a kidney (I hear those things go for a pretty penny on the black market). Where there's a will there's a way

But seriously I have always been a fan of the Vanquish myself, aside from the amazing performance it just have a very sinister look with that aggressive front end that Aston Martin is known for.[/align]