Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

VIPER vs VETTE

Old 09-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Default VIPER vs VETTE

Any good 'viper gets beaten by vette' stories?

Would you folks agree with me....the viper looks a lot more aggressive than the vette? I hate parking next to a viper!!! [:@]

Old 09-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Default RE: VIPER vs VETTE

Ive had one viper next to me at a stop light and he wouldnt go. Dont know if he could hear my sc or what. Ive also had one c5 next to me at a light and he wouldnt go either. Lol its always the slower cars that take the vette challenge. I think I could hang with a viper, not exactly sure though. Lees car would eat a viper; I also think vipers look like clown shoes and their interior is worse than our c5 vettes interior. Just my $0.02.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:22 AM

I actually like the way the viper looks on the outside, but have to agree with "chargedvette02" the interior sucks! It's uncomfortable, and very plain, looks like they put all the money into the exterior, and the engine, and ran out for the interior...

I went to the Dodge dealer around the block, parked my Vette in the next parking lot, and walked over, pretended I was interested in the viper, and went for a ride with the salesman. Man you talk about uncomfortable, but the car is fast, I have no doubt a supercharged Vette could take it though.
Moral of the story, you should have seen his face when I told him, Thanks for the ride, but I'll stick with my Vette... as I walked away. LOL

Old 09-20-2006, 02:01 PM

A lot of the newer Vette's you guys have, especially S/C'd or the Z06 will probably cook a Viper up real nice. I admire them for what they are, no doubt. Interesting car, V10, yes, this is cool. But, it ain't my bag. At all. I like 'em, just don't love 'em, I guess.

I remember last year, or maybe the year before, seeing one of those Car & Driver specials on TV. They were comparing the new Z06, a Viper, a new Shelby, a Ferrari, a Porsche and I think it was a Mercedes SLR... the Vette won hands down in "all around car" category. It pulled like a raped ape, went around corners on rails, was comfortable to drive, reasonably priced... should I go on? If you want a world class sports car that you can actually drive every day, there is no substitute for a Corvette! Hands down. [8D]

Also, here's a bit of a funny story. Several years ago we had a '97 Camaro Z/28 convertible. Black on black on black. Low miles, awesome condition. That car turned heads (got married in it, and still miss it today).... anyways, one day I roll to a red light next to a dude in one bad wicked black Viper. I sorta started to talk to him... "Nice car!!"... that sorta thing. He admired the Camaro. Apparently, he had modified it and it was packing north of 850hp or something. I said, "WOW! What a monster!!!"

You know what he said?? "Wanna trade? This thing is very hard to drive and I hardly ever use it."

Now, he was mostly kidding about the trade part... but the hard to drive part he was deadly serious. Personally, I don't want to own a garage queen that scares the bejeeeeeezuz outta me everytime I start it up.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:34 PM

"It pulled like a raped ape"

TOO FUNNY
LMAO!

Old 09-20-2006, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: gorichb

"It pulled like a raped ape"

TOO FUNNY
LMAO!
Can't take credit for that one, my friend... but it's one of those expressions that just makes me smile.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Ive had one viper next to me at a stop light and he wouldnt go. Dont know if he could hear my sc or what. Ive also had one c5 next to me at a light and he wouldnt go either. Lol its always the slower cars that take the vette challenge. I think I could hang with a viper, not exactly sure though. Lees car would eat a viper; I also think vipers look like clown shoes and their interior is worse than our c5 vettes interior. Just my $0.02.
Looks like clown shoes.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's ripe!!! (but true)

Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 PM

One of the local business owners here in MD has an '05 Convert. Viper that he let me drive one day. I must admit that was one pretty amazing experience. Definitely the most powerful car I have had the pleasue to drive.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:13 AM

Well guys, thanks for the feedback...I parked in a public garage structure in Hollywood last week and I parked close (but not too close) to a red viper......it looked wicked good and aggressive.....I must confess, I became self-conscious about how 'simple' my vette looked compared to the viper. The tires were super humongous!!! It was getting all the attention of passersby in the parking garage.........I felt inadequate.......when I returned from the movie (Talladega Nights), it was still there.......I got in my vette and put that wicked viper out of my mind......viper, schmiper!!!! [:'(]

Old 09-21-2006, 03:44 AM

I was looking at two cars. We had a family friend who was selling her fathers 96' Viper. He passed away and left her his cars. May he rest in peace. The man loved his cars. She is still driving his supercharged Escalade. The Viper was very nice, Blue with the white strips, only 15,000 miles. Well I'm very happy to say I went with the 2004 Corvette silver coupe. I'm really enjoying driving the Vette. It's a second car, a weekend pleasure driver. Also I have always wanted a Corvette, ever sence I was a kid. I Love the Vette.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VIPER vs VETTE