Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/)
-   Corvette C5 Forum (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/)
-   -   Who makes the most aggressive exhaust? (https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/corvette-c5-forum-13/who-makes-most-aggressive-exhaust-10694/)

Sick C5 01-23-2009 12:16 PM

Who makes the most aggressive exhaust?

I've looked into the SLP Loudmouth and The B&B Bullets. Which of those 2 have a louder tone at idle and acceration? Does anyone know of a louder system than these 2?

NY Man 01-23-2009 06:12 PM

RE: Who makes the most aggressive exhaust?

You can just weld a couple of racing muffler/resolnators onto the exhaust: the types required on some classes of dirt track racer, etc. Or better yet, install two QTP electric cutouts at the collectors and then run a stock exhaust you can open them partly or fully when you want more noise. Advantage is you can shut them when you want a quite cruise (or when a cop pulls up alongside).

You'll get tired of all the noise of a loud exhaust after a while, by the way. It's fun when you want to play or show off, but it gets tiresome if you drive any distance on the highway or are just driving home after a hard day at work. And loud does not mean powerful, or even more powerful than quiet.

Sick C5 02-03-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by NY Man (Post 59299)
You can just weld a couple of racing muffler/resolnators onto the exhaust: the types required on some classes of dirt track racer, etc. Or better yet, install two QTP electric cutouts at the collectors and then run a stock exhaust you can open them partly or fully when you want more noise. Advantage is you can shut them when you want a quite cruise (or when a cop pulls up alongside).

You'll get tired of all the noise of a loud exhaust after a while, by the way. It's fun when you want to play or show off, but it gets tiresome if you drive any distance on the highway or are just driving home after a hard day at work. And loud does not mean powerful, or even more powerful than quiet.

Thanks for the reply, but I've already taken your ideas into consideration, but I jsut want a pre-fabbed system that is simple. No welding. Just bolt-on.

I have already dumped my stock ehaust and put turn downs on... I love the sound and i drive over 400 miles every week.

Danger731 02-12-2009 10:58 PM

I have a LM I on my Z/28 and love it. It helps with a manual cause you can shift rpms if you get tired of the drone.

Lee Willis 02-13-2009 10:08 AM

You can get a Borla with templates (various size holes) to allow different amounts of exhaust to flow around the mufflers - use the biggest one or just leave out the template and you essentially have a straight through exhaust - frankly rather cheap sounding, but loud.

tankerpilot01 04-07-2009 11:59 PM

I love my Borla Stinger exhaust....always lots of compliments at the track....helps with the LG Pro Headers though too :) I have Borla exhaust on my Tahoe too I liked their sound so much.

Naste98C5 04-09-2009 09:34 PM

I am running SLP Loudmouth with Kooks long tubes and mid-pipe, and I have to turn off the car at fast food drive thrus. I love it

007 05-09-2009 02:51 PM

I've got the SLP loudmouth catback on mine. Absolutely love the sound. Does get annoying sometimes on long interstate drives, but if you stay at a decent speed in 6th (assuming yours is a manual) (60-80 mph) It's not that bad.

ny1967 05-31-2009 09:39 PM

I just read about a new version of Billy Boat exhaust for C5's. They operate just like the C6 Z-06 exhaust system. They open for straight thru exhausts under full acceleration and quieter sound when driving normal. Also, the full open exhausts option can be manually operated too,

ahmadooo 06-06-2009 05:12 AM

Hey ....
I has fixed a B&B exhaust on my C5 and its GREAT sound ... !