Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

For Anyone With a 6-Speed Paddle Shift C6!

Old 11-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Default For Anyone With a 6-Speed Paddle Shift C6!

I would like anyone who has or has driven a 6-Speed Paddle Shift C6 to please tell us how well it works and how fast it feels in both automatic and manual mode. And it would be even better if you've driven both the 6-Speed Paddle Shift and 6-Speed Manual to tell us how different they feel is performance and shifting? So please respond if you've driven both or just the 6-Speed Paddle Shift!

[/align]

Old 12-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Default RE: For Anyone With a 6-Speed Paddle Shift C6!

My 07 A6 is slow, no matter the mode. I am sure that it could be setup better with the HP Tuner though. Seems no one wants to tune them though, as the trans likes to eat itself. I figure tuning in small changes should get good results.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:00 PM

I have a auto with the paddle shift. It is responsive but keep in mind there is a delay when hard shifting becuase it is electronic. I use it on occasion, no complaints.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:01 PM

From what i head the 08s are supposed to shift a lot faster than the 07s.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 PM

We got a C6 paddle shift a month ago. It seems very quick with almost no delay. rarely use it as the fully auto is strong.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:14 PM

I drove both transmissions back to back in '07. The auto shifts reasonably fast but not as crisp, and it is not as "smart" in how in modifies its shift points for driving conditions, as, say, the Porsche Tiptronic. If you were concerned about response and accleration you could change the rear end ratio. Don't know what that would do to durability, though. Keep in mind it is real automatic transmission as oppsed to a dual-clutch self-shifting manual like Ferrari, and as in the new Porsche PDK and some Bimmers and Japanese cars, so it always feels more like an automatic.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:46 AM

A few months ago one of the magazines had an article about the 08 auto and the fact that it was upgraded by GM using software. I took my 06 C6to the dealer and they did the upgrade at no charge. Now itshifts a little better. Best shifts with or without paddles are when traction control is off. Be careful though!
Personally, I prefer stick shifts and I will not buy another auto. I'd like to try the Porsche or Ferrari for comparison but I can't find anyone dumb enough to let me!

Save the wave!

Breeze

Old 12-18-2008, 11:54 AM

I have driven both the 6sp auto, and the 6sp manual. I prefer the 6sp manual over the automatic. To be fair, the 6sp manual was a Z51 car, and there was a world of difference in the way the car "felt". The manual car felt more connected to the pavement, and it would brake and steer like a go cart. Drive them both "back to back" and you will see what I mean!

Old 01-17-2009, 11:58 AM

Just bought an 08 with the paddle shifters. Never had any experience with them. My previous C5 was auto only. I LOVE THEM. You can up & downshift easily and quickly. The 08's have more horsepower(430) than previous models and you can definitely tell the difference. Mine also has A Flowmaster exhaust which sounds awesome and adds a few horsepower. I have a hard time keeping the smile off my face when I'm playing with the paddles and listening to the exhaust rumble.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:21 PM

Wow I was going to get an automatic.Now I'm going to look for a 6spd

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For Anyone With a 6-Speed Paddle Shift C6!