Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

ATI Procharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Default ATI Procharger Kit

Hi, I installed a procharger kit on my 05, C6. it won't put out any way near the advertised
H.P., but did pick up about an additional 100 HP. the car runs nice! I would like to find the other
100 HP, that ATI advertises. (they advertise 600HP)
Ray

Old 05-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Default RE: ATI Procharger Kit

Your SC pulley is too big a diameter.

Change the pulley on the supercharger for a smaller diameter and have it re-programmed afterward. I had to go through four progressively diameters (four inches, 3.75 inches, 3.5 inches, and 2.75 inches, before I got the one I wanted dialed in -- I can go smaller still and get a lot more HP but I have enough and it drives so sweet now I just want to leave it alone.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:24 AM

it has 6lbs boost at present, and has 450hp on the RW. what boost are you running with the smaller pulley? I just figured they (ati) would have supplied the proper pulley. I am trying to locate a good tuner that could tune it with the smaller pulley. thanks very much for the advice.
Ray

Old 05-30-2006, 08:16 AM

I don't think there is really such a thing as the "proper" pulley. Its all about what the customer wants out of his/her car. Even if they supplied the smaller pulley with the kit instead of the one they did include somebody else would think it was too much boost and want a bigger one. Its the beauty of personal preference. Oh yeah and by the way...congrats on your new supercharger. I want to put a Maggie on my car so bad, but I have a wedding coming up and have to focus my money there for now.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:25 PM

I contacted a corvette tuner, and will get some work done in a month. good luck with the wedding. I'm an old guy (64), so hopefully I wont get involved with any of those.
I installed the procharger myself, how-ever I have a auto lift, and just about every tool imaginable. I would not want to install one without the luxury of a lift. thanks for the reply!
Ray

Old 06-01-2006, 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: raytools

it has 6lbs boost at present, and has 450hp on the RW. what boost are you running with the smaller pulley? I just figured they (ati) would have supplied the proper pulley. I am trying to locate a good tuner that could tune it with the smaller pulley. thanks very much for the advice.
Ray
First, I think it is your tune, not the SC, given what you say.

I have a Procharger D1S and I am running a 2.75" pulley at the moment - I have several pulley sizes to run and as a daily driver it likes this best although even smaller can build more boost. I have only a max of 4.5 lbs boost. Several points to keep in mind: I have 427 cubic inches, and heads to die for (Patriot III heads that were then ported and flow tested to 347" flow at .6 inch) and a ported FAST manifold, etc. As a result, a blower has to work hard to build pressure on this engine -- it sort of sucks the air out of it first: this same SC with the same pulleys on a stock LS6 puts out about 9+ lbs. My 427 puts out right under 510 RWHP normally aspirated -- and is right under 600 RWHP at the moment at 4.5 lbs boost, and can do 640 at 5.25 lbs with a slightly smaller pulley and racing fuel at the strip: it was made to go to 800, but I get belt slip beyond what I can do now and would need a new set of pulleys, a new high capacity fuel system and what else? to go higher just don't have the time to fuss with it -- and its plenty fast enough for an old man like me anyway.

I had a Magnusen on the original LS6 in my car for about 2 years. It did a max of 6 lbs boost, and put down about 465 RWHP, so I think you are not too far off: with the slightly greater displacement you should get a comparable 470-475 HP.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

. . . but I have a wedding coming up and have to focus my money there for now.
Well, congratulations are in order for you, too. I highly recommend marriage but you need to go into it with your eyes wide open: it leads to children, which leads to ten plus years of mini-vans with interiors that resemble a combination of the inside of a dumpster and diaper pail, and then college expenses, all of which means a long, long time during which you can only dream of owning new corvettes and superchargers . . . .

still, congrats . . .

Old 06-01-2006, 10:49 PM

Hi. My kit for the LS2, came with a 4.625 inch pulley, and i have not put on a smaller one yet.
It was tuned by Fastchip (Ed Wright) , through ATI. it is actually boosting at 5.5 lbs, at redline.
I just was expecting it to come closer to ATI's advertised figures. It is not the first time I got
caught up in advertising Hype!
thanks for the reply. your vette sounds awesome to me. Ray

Old 06-01-2006, 11:33 PM

I would go to a 4 inch pulley and see what happens. But have it tuned before you even try to get into it - it can go lean in seconds on you and burn pistons.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:10 AM

Hi Lee
well I am now putting out 565 RWHP, after a cam change, and good tune by Dynotech Engr.,
in FtWayne Indiana! the big problem now is traction. I still have stock wheels and tires on
my 05, C6. I ended up with a 4 inch pulley on the pro-charger. its been awhile since I chatted
with you.
the car only has 4,000 miles on it. what type of wheels and tires do you figure would work
good on this set-up. 1st gear is pretty much worthless with the stock rubber!
any way , the car is definitely running strong now.
appreciate any help, and advice.
Ray

Quick Reply: ATI Procharger Kit