Aux input on 07 radio - Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Old 02-02-2018, 10:19 AM

Default Aux input on 07 radio

I just bought an 07 convertible. It's killing me that due to winter in Northern Illinois I have to leave it at the dealer in storage! There is not an Aux input jack, but I see there is an "Aux" button on the radio stack which appears to be for the CD. Is there an after market product that would provide me a means of playing a device like an iPod through the radio system? I'm not interested in replacing the stock radio.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
If there's no Aux Jack then what is the Aux button for?
Old 02-03-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Welcome to the forum.
If there's no Aux Jack then what is the Aux button for?
I rather hoped someone might be able to help me with that.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

I looked at one page of the owner's manual online and all I could find was a button that was labeled CD AUX.
If you don't have an owner's manual, there are several available free online. I saw the actual owners manual for sale on eBay for $99. Free is good.
My next suggestion would be to check with Crutchfield and see if they have any options to get an AUX Jack connection.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
I looked at one page of the owner's manual online and all I could find was a button that was labeled CD AUX.
If you don't have an owner's manual, there are several available free online. I saw the actual owners manual for sale on eBay for $99. Free is good.
My next suggestion would be to check with Crutchfield and see if they have any options to get an AUX Jack connection.
Thanks, it is the CD/AUX button. I do have an owners manual, but it's in the car which is in storage at the dealer. Crutchfield is a great site, unfortunatly I have the plain-Jane radio without satellite and all the adaptors I found there require it. I'd be happy to lose the CD capability to gain the Aux input so I can use the iPod. I may have to replace the radio, which is probably not a good idea, or forget about it and just concentrate on learning to drive the thing,
Old 04-27-2018, 08:48 PM

I have an 07 Z06, and it only has the CD player, it appears the AUX refers to the CD player. If interested, I found an inexpensive program for burning CD's containing over 150 songs. It is from a company called NERO, called "Nero Express". Use the "Audio CD compilation" option. It was $14.99 at our local Fry's electronics. Be aware you need CD-R R/W to do this.