Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

C6 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Default C6 Problems

Has any new owner had any problems with their C6?

Mine is currently in the shop because of a DIC message "Steering Lock Check" which meant the car could NOT be started or steered. It had to be towed to the dealer. A sending module is on order. Bummer!!

When I asked had this happened before I was told that a "few" had happened in the C5 but this was the first they had seen in the C6. It is no fun to make history!

Thanks for any inputs.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Administrator
Default RE: C6 Problems

i have indeed heard of this problem in the C5...you would think that they would have ironed this issue out prior to the release of the C6

Old 11-23-2005, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Allen

Has any new owner had any problems with their C6?

Mine is currently in the shop because of a DIC message "Steering Lock Check" which meant the car could NOT be started or steered. It had to be towed to the dealer. A sending module is on order. Bummer!!

When I asked had this happened before I was told that a "few" had happened in the C5 but this was the first they had seen in the C6. It is no fun to make history!

Thanks for any inputs.
You are not the only one . I found a thread in the Tech forum and they said this has something to do with a module that controls the column lock.

Old 11-26-2005, 03:18 PM

I have a C6 that I bought about 1 year ago. Since then, I have had the following problems.....1st, the hydraulic clutch supply cable was kinked and was causing "rough" shifting...problem fixed easily by dealer.

Next, and most recent, the rear hatch lock had to be replaced because the factory installed latch was defective and causing the following problems......the interior rearview mirror lights were staying on while the engine was running and even after the engine was turned off; the radio would turn off by itself, the driver's seat memory position settings would "go away", and the headlights would sometimes come on by themselves in the middle of the day!!!

Now I have a question for anyone out there rerference the Goddyear EMT F1 tires. I have about 7000 miles on my vette and I do not do burnouts, donuts, race the car, etc. But on both rear tires I have chunks of tire coming off. Not enough to show the cords, but enough to make me think that these tires may be defective...Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any suggestions?

Thanx,

Big Al

Old 11-26-2005, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 1507cc

I have about 7000 miles on my vette but on both rear tires I have chunks of tire coming off.
Is the wear evenly distributed or was it all on the inside or outside edges. Maybe the rear just wasn't aligned. I had the same thing happen to a set of Michelin Pilot Sports on my Porsche (inside edge wore to the cord in 7k miles) = it was misalgned and the dealer replaced the tires no charge.