Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Does extensive modifications affect the resale value of my vette?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Default Does extensive modifications affect the resale value of my vette?

I would like to consider a cam package for my 2008 (already with full exhaust and Varam Intake) but I am concerned about how that affects resale value and buyers impressions if I am ever to sell. I know this is broad question and most members here will be infavor of modifications; I just would like a couple opinions on invasive modifications.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:31 PM

I know this is an old question, but I'm sure it occurs to a lot of people who want to mod their cars.

Actually, I'll be looking for a car in a few months and, speaking only for myself, I have to admit that I would never consider a car that was modified. Unless, of course, the price completely reflected the full cost of returning the car to its original, unmolested condition...assuming that was even possible. Again, that's just me...

Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by 1analguy
I have to admit that I would never consider a car that was modified.
In general I somewhat agree but as always using the word NEVER is risky.

If mods are done that are in your intrest and either you can verify the job done, know the seller, etc it can be a very good way of getting what you want at a reduced cost.

Remember the seller usually thinks his mods are worth the $$ he put into them....rarely is that the case.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mikado463
In general I somewhat agree but as always using the word NEVER is risky.

If mods are done that are in your intrest and either you can verify the job done, know the seller, etc it can be a very good way of getting what you want at a reduced cost.

Remember the seller usually thinks his mods are worth the $$ he put into them....rarely is that the case.
I agree, mods, if done correct, won't devaluate the car but only the mods itself. Don't expect that you can ask value of car + value of added mods, those were your choice and probably not any future buyer....

Old 04-05-2012, 05:34 PM

Most of the time mods will not add any additional value to your car, and can also act to limit your audiences. Realistically, think of it this way. If you had the car completely stock, it would appeal to anyone looking for your specific car. Once modded, you are already counting out the people that would never buy a modded car. You see how your audience is already becoming smaller?

Old 04-08-2012, 02:47 AM

Personally, I would never buy a car with modifications I could't see (internal engine, etc) however, cold air intakes, wheels and other items easily removed wouldn't bother me. But didn't you buy the car for YOU? It's your toy. Enjoy it.