Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Question Exhaust

Going to Carlisle this wknd. Gonna buy an exhaust for my '06 C6 w/Paddle Shift auto.
Previously installed the Corsa Xtreme - $$$ mistake! Not for Auto. trans. Cockpit drone was unbearable. My fault for not reading the fine print.

New options: (1)Corsa Sport System; (2)Billy Boat Rt 66 Evolution; (3)Borla(?); (4)Magnaflow Magnapak System.

Anyone???

Old 08-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Default exhaust

Originally Posted by Breeze
Going to Carlisle this wknd. Gonna buy an exhaust for my '06 C6 w/Paddle Shift auto.
Previously installed the Corsa Xtreme - $$$ mistake! Not for Auto. trans. Cockpit drone was unbearable. My fault for not reading the fine print.

New options: (1)Corsa Sport System; (2)Billy Boat Rt 66 Evolution; (3)Borla(?); (4)Magnaflow Magnapak System.

Anyone???
i was also at carlisle i think the corse sport would be a great choice i watched and herd them and sounded awsome

Old 09-07-2009, 01:08 PM

I just got the Corsa Sport. I am very happy with it. I am surprised you got drone with the Extremes. They are loud, but below 2K RPMs and Cruising all Corsa exhausts are quiet, or so I thought.
With the sport there is absolutely no drone at highway cruising. One nice thing about that set up too, if you want to go mellower you can convert it to the touring version by adding an additional piece for less than $400.
Corsas have a differnt sound than most. It's a little less muscle car, and more a Euro sound. Some people like the more traditional muscle car sound of Borla.
If you are trying to stay away from highway drone, nobody does that better than Corsa.
BTW, I have a manual trans(07 LS2), and they are a different part#. I would think the sound would not be much different though.