Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

GM Employee Discount?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Default GM Employee Discount?

Is this the best time to buy or should I wait to see if there will be another chance at the discount next year or some other better offer, Im on the fence about buying now or next year, I would appreciate any opinion on this.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:20 PM
pg
Default Whats to wait for?

Hi coreman and welcome to the forum. Go for it NOW! Do you want to be one of those seniors at Barret-Jackson that missed a life time of enjoying in there youth and are now paying 20 times the original cost!
In life you meet a woman and get married, will it last a lifetime, we can only hope so!
We find a house and say do I want to pay for this for the next 30 years?
Should we make a family?
Go buy yourself a new Corvette and enjoy yourself, we are only here for a short time, by the grace of God.
Whats to think about? After all its just money and we cant take it with us, PG.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Default RE: Whats to wait for?

This recession is likely to last into next year and GM will be hurting for some time. On the other hand, there won't be any major difference between '08s and '09s to speak of and a combination of employee pricing, end of year discounts, etc., will be good now. Gas prices might continue to drop which might make dealers less willing to deal aggressively on big V8 cars if they get back around $3 later this year or early next year.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Default RE: GM Employee Discount?

Hey Coreman,

I just went thru the process of debating on buying an 09 corvette versus a left over 08 versus waiting till next year. Did alot of research on line and calling different dealerships for prices. My opinion is to buy now. Most dealerships will not make the same mistake of overstocking their inventory as some did with the 08's. Especially with the economy slowing, dealerships will be careful and prices should remain the same. Had great pricing with Kerbeck in Atlantic City NJ. Besides being the largest corvette dealership in the country, they were able to give a great price on 09 3LT coupe, convertibles, and ZR1's. Just bought a black 09 coupe 3LT and extremely happy with the purchase.I agree that there's no better time to buy one. Just do it, don't think too much about it. Treat yourself if you can. You won't regret it. Good luck.

jgrandrimo

Old 08-28-2008, 02:56 PM

I called to see about full coverage for a new c6 and the price was outrageous, looks like I will be looking for a used one, either a 2007 or 2008 anyone have any suggestions on what I sould look out for when inspecting the car and any helpful information about warranties would be helpful.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:29 PM

Hmmm, you must be under 25 years of age, have some tickets on your record, live in a high-accident/theft area, or be dealing with an unreasonable company - maybe all four, I would shop around and particularly talk to an insurance company about both covering and financing the car you get better rates for both sometimes. My '02ZO6 (sticker price about $50K) cost about $700 a year for full (good) coverage when I bought it, my 911 Carrera (list $90k) three years later was only about $800/year for full coverage, and believe it or not the Aston Martin, which stickers at a bit more than a 'vette's and a Porsche's 911scurrent prices put together, is only $875 a year for full coverage. it helps that I am almost 60 and have not even had a warning ticket in the past 20 years, but still . . . if you can even think of making the cost of a new 'vette insurance should not be a limiting factor if you shop it a bit.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 AM

Sounds excessive I pay $740.00/year for my 55 F-100, 67 Vette and 65 GTO combined with NO mileage restrictions-reasoning you can only drive one at a time-of course these are not my daily drivers-now I'm working a trade-03 Z06 w/11,000 miles for my 65 GTO ragtop tri-power
try Haggert insurance if this is NOT your daily driver

Old 08-29-2008, 01:35 PM

Do you have the 'vette and the GTO insured for full replacementin kindor a pre-declared sum if they are totalled or stolen? I had a friend with a classic caddy who recently went to court when he didn't get enough to replace his car with one in similar condition when it was totalled he lost the case, too.