Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Just got a 07 Corvette ... what are some good mods? any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Default Just got a 07 Corvette ... what are some good mods? any advice?

I just got a 2007 with the Z51 package for christmas but seeing as I am only a busboy in a restaurant, I can't afford much boltons at once. What type of cheap parts can I do and how soon will it need a tune? I am already looking at putting a flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust on there since I loved the sound on my stang but what types of mods come with CARB #s or can be returned to stock easily? Anything I do needs to be compatible with a supercharger since that is ultimately my goal. Are there any preferred types of handheld programmers/parts or parts to avoid?

Old 12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Default RE: Just got a 07 Corvette ... what are some good mods? any advice?

Wow! You are my new hero! I am sincere. Congratulations and welcome to the forums. I just got my new 2006 and figured I should learn about what the vehicle can do to really plan out any mods. Enjoy.

Please tell me, is the only major differnce on the sterring wheel controls?

Old 12-20-2006, 02:11 AM

damn 27 views, 6 hours and counting but no help .... no clue on differences since this is my first vet

Old 12-20-2006, 02:30 AM

Congrats on the gift.
So, just how far away are from getting that Supercharger? I would wait, get the Supercharger than tailor your mods towards it...

Old 12-20-2006, 03:12 AM

Realistically around 3-5 years away from the supercharger (I'm 21 and not out of college yet so working a crap paying job) .... want to try to do everything I can soon as I can .... I race SCCA autocrossing and a little drag racing so basically just dumping every cent I make into my car like I did with the mustang I just blew up (got to $11k in aftermarket parts on the stang before we gave up on it) .... honestly haven't even driven the vet yet since I am waiting for my parentals to drop it off this weekend

Old 12-20-2006, 07:29 AM

Long tube headers really wake up the LS engines. Put on a good set of them with a nice cat back and cold air induction, have the car tuned by someone good who has an LS-ECM edit system and it will have noticeably more power, and you will not have spent too much money.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:02 AM

Lee hit the nail on the head. Those 3 items are definitely going to be the best places to start. Not only will it wake up the performance a little, but it will also give you car a nice rumble (you know, just to let people know you are coming). Before you pick-up your Flowmaster you might want to also look into Borla, Corsa, or Zoomers they all make good exhaust systems as well. Good luck.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:03 PM

I've also seen a couple of good deals on eBayon barely used C6 Z06 exhaust with the bypass valves, might want to look into that also, probably not nearly expensive and you get that nice Titanium sound. The valves keep it quiet just cruising and bypass the mufflers when you nail it. Not too bad if you ask me.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:26 PM

Man I have the CAI and the Cat back, I sure would love to get a set of those long tubed headers....Can't though with this Ca emission garbage here.
What's the reasoning behind the shorty's being smog legal but not the Long tubed headers?

Old 12-20-2006, 06:10 PM

Gorichb, headers aren't too much trouble to install and uninstall so you could go get the test, pass, come home, put your headers on, love and enjoy them for a year or two(whatever the time is), take them off, go get tested, come home and put them back on. That way you get your headers and you get to drive your car

Quick Reply: Just got a 07 Corvette ... what are some good mods? any advice?