Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Katech Corvette Z06 ClubSport

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Default Katech Corvette Z06 ClubSport

Katech Corvette Z06 ClubSport or you can just buy a ZR1 if the dealer gives it away for sticker.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Default RE: Katech Corvette Z06 ClubSport

Interesting car. The ZR1 itself along with numerous tuner verions of the Corvettelike the Katech clubsport and the Lingenfelter twin-trubo offerings are all incredibily powerful and impressive.

I realize that, having gone the "overpowered 'vette" route in spades I am somewhat different than the majority of car enthusaists who look at those cars with awe and want one, but incredible amounts of power no longer holds such an attraction: I like a power ful car, but frankly anything more than 13- or mid-12 second quarter miles is rather unimportant in a daily driver. I'd prefer to see a four-wheel drive 'vette in any car with 500 HP or more, and esecpailly would like to see an increase in the build quality and materials. For day to day driving, both of those make for a much more satsifying ride.

Please understand, I am not beating up on 'vettes: for decades while I was raising kids and putting them through college I longed to one, and i realy enjoyed the one I had. But when I think about ever buying another, or or spending $100K on a special model, I pretty much come down strongly on going for one or both of those other qualities. Frankly, for the money, a Porsche Carrera 4S is a better daily driver and satsifying "owner experience" than a ZR1 would be. As a "toy" though, a ZR1, or a 1000 HP Lingenfelter twin turbo, would of course be crazier and give you more bragging rights.