Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

KW V3 vs Pfadt Featherlight SA

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Default KW V3 vs Pfadt Featherlight SA

So after giving my 2007 C6 a serious workout I have decided I want to move to coilovers. I feel like vibrations are being transmitted across the leaf springs and negatively effecting the grip at the other end. I also have to take issue with the stock shocks. They do not seem to do a very good job getting the car settled and yet somehow manage to be more harsh than they should be while daily driving. On the back roads especially they seem to wallow. Further as I recently discovered the stock shocks don't deal with aggressive use as well as I would have hoped. I had them overheated yesterday to the point that they were no longer damping the movement of the suspension.

That leads me to my question. After much research I have narrowed it down to two options. I am trying to decide between the KW V3 coilovers and the Pfadt Featherlight SA.

The advantages of the Pfadt coilovers seem to be:
Ball joint mounts, no bushing to be compressed before the suspension acts
Inverted design for lower unsprung mass
Monotube contruction for better heat tolerance
Easy single adjustment with good location

The advantages of the KW coilovers seem to be:
Stainless body for weather resistance
Higher quality springs
seperate but non adj valving for high speed bump (a really great feature!!)
More adjustment options with seperate bump and rebound adjustments
Lower spring rates with better damping? for a less harsh ride

Okay so I have gathered all the info that I can and I have talked to reps from both organizations. Ultimately I am still not sold on one over the other. Do any of you have practical experience with either suspension? What are your comments? I am looking for a good backroad / daily driven suspension.

Thanks for your input.

-Eric

Last edited by Eric-the-driving-instructor; 05-29-2012 at 09:10 AM.