Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Maggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Default Maggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi[/align]is there any problems if I installed the Maggie with the vararam? I mean are they going to gain very good HP numbers together? I heard it will not mate up to the maggie!! is this correct?[/align]Thanks.[/align]

Old 02-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Default RE: Maggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may have do do a bit of improvising, but it should work out well and they ought to do well together. Make sure you put some good headers ont he car, though, the Magnusen blows enough air that you can get problems trying to push all the exhaust through the stock manifolds.

I had an early Magnusen - the #6 LS1 series kit made, and the first installed by an "owner" (I had my local shop do it) -- on the stock engine in my vette. I had a custom set up something like the variram in the car at the time feeding it, and Lingenfelter 1 3/4" long tube headers. Stock cam. 465 RWHP. Mid 11 quarter miles on street tires.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Default RE: Maggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lee

I know, you're completely right about the headers, actually I have the "Dynatch Headers" but with the SLP pipes, pulley, maggie, vararam, thermo and anaggressive cam.[/align]I heard from 3 persons that the vararam and the maggie will not give me the desired performance and must be replaced with lengenfelter air intake.[/align]I also want to ask you please.. What are thehorsepower numbers I am getting from all above mods?[/align]And how do pplcalculate RWHP?[/align]Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.[/align][/align]