Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

MGP Caliper Covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Former Sponsor
Default MGP Caliper Covers

Some of you may have painted your brake calipers with high temp paint but after a few weeks or months you noticed that the paint was chipping and peeling and you needed to touch up your brake calipers again and again. Maybe we want to have your calipers powder coated but you have to take off your brakes and disassemble them which takes time.

MGP Caliper Covers is a US company that is based in San Diego California. We design and manufacture a brake Caliper Cover that attaches to your C5 and C6 brake calipers with a patented fastening clip. No glue or special tools, just good old American steel...6061-T6 Aluminum that is powder coated, TIG welded. MGP Caliper Covers come in three basic finishes red, black and satin. We also offer custom colors to match your Vette and custom engraving. Cost for a set of 4 is $200.00 with FREE SHIPPING in the US.

Please take a look at our video, excuse the car it's not a Vette but it is American.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0bmGrUSlDU

If you have a questions send me a PM or visit our website
http://www.calipercpovers.com

Attached Thumbnails MGP Caliper Covers-c6-vette-mgp-1.jpg   MGP Caliper Covers-c6-vette-close-up.jpg   MGP Caliper Covers-c6-vette-rear-caliper.jpg  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 AM

$200.. WOW.. kind of pricey for metal covers..

Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor
Default Our MGP Caliper Covers

Our MGP Caliper Covers are made from 6061 T6 aluminum, TIG welded, powder coated and high speed engraved. Our Caliper Covers are very easy to install but have a great deal of R&D behind them. For those you that don't have painted calipers MGP Caliper Covers is easy way to dress up your wheels. MGP earned a SEMA award for our Caliper Covers in 2008.

How much does one tire cost for a C6?

Old 05-21-2009, 05:36 PM
MGP
Former Sponsor

Caliper Cover Benefits
Reduces Brake Dust
Powder Coated Finish
6061-T6 Aerospace Aluminum
Easy Installation
No tape, glue, paint or special tools required
Patented Fastening System
Reduces Caliper Heat & Brake Fade

Caliper Cover Engineering Excellence
TIG Welded
High Speed Engraved Characters
Hydraulically formed
Easy Install, Approx 10 Minutes Per Wheel
Custom Paint & Engraving Available

Product Overview Video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQgrWW8z-68

Heat Reduction Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf3nnZTAXcg

Now available at Ecklers as well: http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...8&dept_id=1051

Buy quality, Buy American

Old 05-28-2009, 06:35 PM

Maybe a little off topic but where did you get the red fender stripes on the black vette? I want to put some on my Z06. I have searched high and low and have not found a set I like. I like those.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 PM
MGP
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by captsouthusmc
Maybe a little off topic but where did you get the red fender stripes on the black vette? I want to put some on my Z06. I have searched high and low and have not found a set I like. I like those.
I think the fender stripes rock, but this is a pic sent in from a customer. So I don't have any info for you. You could find a local vynl guy to do something like this or a pro painter.