Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

OK- How much over is acceptable

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Default RE: OK- How much over is acceptable

So the Dlr with the "right " price tells me no car till maybe late in the model year, leaves me with the choice of over paying, or over waiting....ahhh the supply demand cusrve once again working against the consumer, lol...Oh well we'll see...df

Old 10-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Default RE: OK- How much over is acceptable

ORIGINAL: PAY2PLAY

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

The one I drove yesterday was like that, private invidiual that had bought the car and was now selling it with only 1300 miles on it.
So Lee was it a friend of yours, or are you thinking about purchasing one yourself?

It was a friend of a friend, who really wanted my opinion on how it stacks up to a heavily modded C5. Not sure what I would do with it if I bought it, but the offer to drive it was too much to turn down. It was a lovely car, the interesting thing is that if felt very much like a slightly smaller version of my '02 ZO6 when it was near stock. I know the car is only a couple of inches narrower, etc., but the C6 Z06 definately does feel smaller than a C5, just as GM intended. The extra power is there but not that dramatic. It pulls hard up to the redline, which at 7K, is a hoot. But relative to its HP it does not have an outstandingly large amount of low end torque - most recent vettes have equivalent torque and Hp and this has a bit less torque than HP -- you feel that when you drive it hard. Still, it really feels, seat of the pants, like mine did when it had only headers and the airbox (about 395 RWHP), although I have no doubt it's a bit faster than mine was then with its 440 RWHP. I was impressed with the car but since it was not mine, did not probe the 'twitchy' handling bit that several mags have commented on: it felt fine at 7/10ths. The interior was a big letdown -- better than a C5, but really, this is a $70k car -- they could and should do better.