Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Stealing a C6

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Default Stealing a C6

How easy is to steal a 2007 C6 ? What kind of prevention should I take? Any device on the market to make it steal-proof?

Old 12-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Default RE: Stealing a C6

Remember the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds"? I think if someone has targeted your car, they will find a way. I hear that Boomerang is a good device to use.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: eurostyle

How easy is to steal a 2007 C6 ? What kind of prevention should I take? Any device on the market to make it steal-proof?

Euro,

I've got an idea: you tell me where you park it and next week I'll tell you how hard it was to steal it. [sm=happybounce.gif]

Just kidding of course. I would cry if someone took mine. The only way to make it steal-proof is to guard it full time. If somebody wants it then they can load it up on a roll back and take it.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:05 PM

Ok riley,
I am sending the address and next week I'll be waiting for you.......with a bazooka in my hand

Old 12-14-2006, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: eurostyle

Ok riley,
I am sending the address and next week I'll be waiting for you.......with a bazooka in my hand
Well I think that you just found the device to make it steal proof.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:38 PM

if somebody wants it they will take it.there is nothing a pro car jacker cant take.......so be carfull were you park it.......and stay out of the getto lol. the best thing to buy is a wheel lock like the city of new york police have.that the rim lock they put on your car when you park for to long... no body is taking your car then

Old 12-14-2006, 02:35 PM

I remember watching a special on car thieves, it is truly amazing how fast they work and their ability to get around pretty much anything. Aside from the alarm I think the best thing to do is what Corvette King said and get one of those wheel locks. The way I look at it, they maybe able to get around anything, but if you give them a challenge then maybe they won't bother.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:33 PM

I can still get a car up onto a roll-back even if the wheels are locked. And it doesn't take that long. It is much more obvious that the vehicle is being taken but who pays any attention these days? When is the last time that you even turned to look when a car alarm went off?

Lojack ( http://www.lojack.com/what/index.cfm ) makes a device to help recover you vehicle if it's been stolen. But do you really want your vette back after some scumbag has driven it like he stole it? You'll get your sunglasses back but you also might get a half chopped or beaten up vehicle.

I'm sure your insurance company will fix all the damage (including the bent frame) but do you want to spend the next four years making payments on a wrecked and repaired vette? Sure, it might be okay after they fix it. But what about resale value? Do you think that a carfax report that shows that the car was stolen and repaired hurts its value? I do.

I agree with P2P and CK, where you park may be just as important as anything else.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: riley

I can still get a car up onto a roll-back even if the wheels are locked. And it doesn't take that long. It is much more obvious that the vehicle is being taken but who pays any attention these days? When is the last time that you even turned to look when a car alarm went off?

Lojack ( http://www.lojack.com/what/index.cfm ) makes a device to help recover you vehicle if it's been stolen. But do you really want your vette back after some scumbag has driven it like he stole it? You'll get your sunglasses back but you also might get a half chopped or beaten up vehicle.

I'm sure your insurance company will fix all the damage (including the bent frame) but do you want to spend the next four years making payments on a wrecked and repaired vette? Sure, it might be okay after they fix it. But what about resale value? Do you think that a carfax report that shows that the car was stolen and repaired hurts its value? I do.

I agree with P2P and CK, where you park may be just as important as anything else.
yes your right..the bottom line if they want it they will get it no matter what.[]

Old 12-14-2006, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: corvette king

ORIGINAL: riley

yes your right..the bottom line if they want it they will get it no matter what.[]
Yeah thats what it really comes down to in the end. All you can do as a concerned Vette owner is try to minimize its risk of being stolen